Google maps in SOBI2

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
kraksa
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Google maps in SOBI2

Post by kraksa » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:26 am

My configuration of View Configuration -> Google maps in SOBI2 is:

Show Google Maps  Yes
API Key    inserted my API key (it works correctly with other components)
Map Width  400 px. 
Map Height  300 px. 
Map Latitude Field  field_postcode 
Map Longitude Field  field_postcode
Info Bubble  Enable and open Bubble when Map is loaded 
Zoom Level  5 (checked out with all available zoom levels)

.. and the effect is following:

Of course the address is complete (COUNTRY, CITY, ZIPCODE & STREET are inserted) and the WaySearch link goes to the google mas site and shows the correct map with the correct location. Why in the detailed view on my site the map is not as it should be
Has anybody had such problem and solved it?

kraksa
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Google maps in SOBI2

Post by kraksa » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:21 pm

I'm desperately looking around the web for any suggestion on how to solve this problem and can't fing anything.. Seams nobody has had a similiar problem, I suppose the solution may be trivial but I still can't find out..

I installed as first the SOBI RC 2.8.0 on my NEW domain just to exclude any incompatibility with  any other component. I use Joomla! 1.0.13 Stable [ Sunglow ] 21 July 2007 16:00 UTC , I have register_globals and emulation off.  The other thing is that the link WaySearch goes to the google maps site and displays the location in the corect way, seems th map should work also in the detailed view but it doesn't..

kraksa
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by kraksa » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:56 pm

http://sobi2-wiki.sigsiu.net/directory/ ... tes_By_Map

If anybody has the same problem the link above will help.
The only thing that the coordinates (longitude and latitude) are not found automaticly by the component, but one has to look for his location manualy on the map.

friendz11
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by friendz11 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:48 am

i have installed sobi2 directory on urdutimes.info and configured google maps but it doesn't show any map but WaySearch link is showing map.

i can't able to understand why google maps are not showing...?

elaison
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by elaison » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:58 pm

sorry, I did read that right ...

Be sure you've added API key for your website...
And:
Open detailed view template (component --> sobi2--> template and CSS--> DetailView template) and add this code where you want to see the map:

<?php HTML_SOBI::showGoogleMaps($mySobi, $config); ?>

Elaison

webuserdan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by webuserdan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:36 am

Hello I did this but the Google map doesn't show. I have done the api key and used my local server as the server URL (does that matter?) I've made sure Googla maps is turned on. I have also kept Way Search on to see if that works and it does (i.e. when you click on teh link the google map shows up) however the google map is not showing on the details page. Any ideas?
Web Circle

http://www.webcircle.com.au Gold Coast Web Design - http://awebsitedesigner.com.au Website Design Blog

John666
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by John666 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:12 pm

Configuration etc etc, but it showed only a blank grey square where the map should be in the details page.

I used the latitude and longitude option (appropriate bit of code on Sobi2 site) but you can also do it using address, city, country details (appropriate bit of code on Sobi2 site).
The reason for the problem was that I had not correctly set the values for latitude and longitude in each entry. The values have to be given in decimal format - ie 45.237686 and 23.456321. North is positive, south is negative. East is positive, west is negative.

Once I quoted the lat and long values correctly everything worked!

A handy converter can be found at http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/bickel/DDDMMSS-decimal.html

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”