- Joomla! Intern
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:58 am
Demo Site: http://joomla15.siteground.com/
Night Demo: http://joomla15.siteground.com/night/
The most interesting options of the SiteGround template are:
1.The Administrator can choose among four season based themes + one general theme trough the Template theme dropdown.
2.The Administrator can choose among two fixed and one fluid template width settings.
3.The Administrator can choose whether the template is centered, left- or right- aligned
4.The Administrator can provide the option to change all of the functionalities listed above to his/her visitors, via the unique Control panel bar, displayed at the top right corner of the site.
NEW: Now the Administrator can enable/disable each of the three changers separately, allowing for leaving only selected ones.
5. The template provides the option for displaying either the website title or the Joomla logo as part of the template header. The website administrator can also choose to display a website slogan. The Paramaters allow for a great choice of fonts and colors both for the title and the slogan display.
6. The Edges Style option allows for choosing between rounded and sharp edges.
7. Another interesting functionality is a neat dynamic Flash-generated stat charts for results in the polls component.
8. We've also added an original feature in the Newsflash module that provides easy browsing through the news items.
9. The template is compatible with sites with or without Search module.
10. NEW! If you have a multileveled top menu structure it is now possible to make it visible to the visitor by enabling the Cascading Top Menu option. It will display on mouse over the submenu items right below their Top Menu parent and the underlying submenus likewise recursively up to three levels deep.
11. NEW! There is a Night mode feature, which enables a new Night theme on your site. When enabled from the template control panel, the night theme overrides the current theme setting and displays the template in night mode.
12. NEW! We added a special Auto mode to the Night mode options in the control panel. Setting the Auto option results in automatic Night mode activation, based on individual visitor time. E.g. a visitor of your site whose local clock is reading 10:30 pm (22:30) or anywhere between 10pm and 6am will see your site in night mode. Visitors with local time in the daily timezone (6am - 10pm) will see the site in the theme that is otherwise set as default in the template admin panel.
Technical information about the template:
- xHTML 1.0 valid
- CSS2 valid
- The template uses PHP GD png support (if present on the server) to generate the dynamic logo and employs caching to avoid unnecessary re-generation of the logo with the same params.
- The fonts for logo title and slogan can be replaced with TTF font file(s) of your liking to achieve even higher level of customization.
- The user has to provide the web server user with permissions to write in the cache subfolder of the template in order to make use of the logo caching functionality.
- The dynamic JS DOM manipulations use the mootools JS library, which is a part of Joomla 1.5 in order to avoid loading additional external libraries, which would have increased the size and time for loading of the pages.
We will highly appreciate your feedback for future improvements of the template!
SiteGround Joomla templates: http://www.siteground.com/joomla-hostin ... plates.htm
- Joomla! Enthusiast
- Posts: 188
- Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:59 am
kiennc wrote:very cool...
but in fluid mode,
the line "Designed by SiteGround Web Hosting" is strange.
Yeah, I noticed that too.
- Joomla! Virtuoso
- Posts: 3177
- Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:06 am
- Location: Solar system - Earth - European Union
- Joomla! Master
- Posts: 18526
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:47 pm
- Location: **Translation Matters**
Notice: Undefined index: siteground_season in /Library/WebServer/Documents/joomla11new/templates/siteground/index.php on line 13
Notice: Undefined index: siteground_edges in /Library/WebServer/Documents/joomla11new/templates/siteground/index.php on line 15
Notice: Undefined index: siteground_widthStyle in /Library/WebServer/Documents/joomla11new/templates/siteground/index.php on line 17
Notice: Undefined variable: itemid in /Library/WebServer/Documents/joomla11new/templates/siteground/html/mod_search/default.php on line 30
siteSlogan=Template for Joomla 1.5
Admin language file missing.
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group