How do I install a nightly build?

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.
marioliveira
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How do I install a nightly build?

Post by marioliveira » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:54 am

This may be the scilliest questuion around but I've been studying Joomla for a  month and did not pay attention to this matter of nightly builds I read about now. Really I searched in this forum but I get confused with the posts about.  I think I understand well wht nighly builds are intended for, but the question is: I have Joomla 1.5 RC3 installed on a local server. How do I install a nightly build (over it)?

Robin
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: How do I install a nightly build?

Post by Robin » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:05 am

You would have to replace all the files. The safest option would be to remove all your files/folders, except for the configuration.php. Then unzip the nightly, and put those files/folders back in your site/localhost.

The reason for removing the old files/folders is because during development some files have become deprecated and can cause problems when you leave them in place.

Note; if you installed extensions, you will need to put them back manually. They will be deleted if you remove all your files of course.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:29 pm

Details of applying the Nightly Builds is contained in the Installation Manual - see sig

valraven
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by valraven » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:17 am

humvee wrote: Details of applying the Nightly Builds is contained in the Installation Manual - see sig
I only found instructions for a clean install. Do you have a direct link?

chrispapa
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by chrispapa » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:40 am

When you say "replace" the components, do you mean re-install or upload the files via ftp?  Do Ihave to touch the database at all?  Would I need to reinstall the modules?
President/Owner of First Page Media
http://www.firstpagemedia.com | 888-732-2215

alittle116
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by alittle116 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:34 am

you do not need to reinstall the modules/plugins... just transfer the files back in to the appropriate directories. you do not need to do anything to the database either.

i would also like to see a direct link to the directions in this
I only found instructions for a clean install. Do you have a direct link?
I would also like to see a direct link.

Asmodean0006
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Asmodean0006 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:52 pm

Umm there's nothing in the installation manual that talks about installing the nightly build.  I did a search and it brought up nothing.  I guess we're expected to follow the clean installation instructions?

I hope this doesn't overwrite my site and reset it to the original Joomla site.  :(

More information on this would be greatly appreciated, considering it's supposedly really important.

kathc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kathc » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:12 pm

Return to “Installation 1.5”