As mentioned before, I would choose a coding task when one is there.
So, I claimed this one.
One line summary
Create a Joomla! v 1.5 Module for Digg List Stories
Describe the task.
Create a Joomla! v 1.5 Module allowing the site developer to set a topic
parameter. The module should list the most recent stories based on that topic.
* To install Joomla! on an XAMPP localhost:
# XAMPP - http://www.apachefriends.org
# Download Joomla! - http://help.joomla.org/content/view/1942/302/
# Install Joomla! on a localhost - http://help.joomla.org/content/view/1947/306/
* Coding resources:
# The core code! :-)
# Plugins - http://forum.joomla.org/index.php?topic=233628
# Model View Controller - http://dev.joomla.org/component/option, ... orld_mvc1/
# Modules and Components - http://www.jlleblanc.com/blogcategory/0/
# Internationalization - http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic ... msg1102267
* IRC #joomlaGHOP on freenode
* Knowledge of PHP
* Knowledge of Joomla! v 1.5 Extension Development
* Creativity and problem solving skills
* Installable Joomla! v 1.5 extension(s) with internationalization support.
All code must be created using the GNU General Public License version 2.
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-license ... .html#SEC4
Documentation written for this task must be made available under the
Joomla! Electronic Documentation License.
Extra Credit (Optional)
1. Register your project at Joomlacode
2. When you are ready to release, submit your extension to the Joomla!
- localhost was already installed. Whickh version of 1.5 should I use to test? The Joomla test package, a nightly build or the RC4?
- My idea was that you could select between 8 categories (Technology, World & Business, Science, Gaming, Lifestyle, Entertainment, Sports and Offbeat). I found the rss feeds (and so: xml links) here: http://www.digg.com/about-rss Perhaps also include the all news link.
A particular feed-item looks like this:
Code: Select all
<title>Teacher Sends Nude Pictures to Student</title>
<description>A high school gym teacher accused of sending nude photos of herself to a 14-year-old freshman at her school has admitted to having sex with the boy, police said Monday.</description>
<pubDate>Wed, 9 Jan 2008 12:04:31 GMT</pubDate>
- only the title, link, description and pubdate is needed I think? Or do I also need the guid?
- I think I can implement this .xml file with JSimple XML?