hi, i need help with this!

Contact the Development Working Group here: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general

This forum is now closed and archived.
De4no
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

hi, i need help with this!

Post by De4no » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:02 pm

hi, im new to coding etc. and i need some help, ive got myself a website built, but its basic, i need it coded so i can use joomla on it, i dont know where to get this from, is it possible for you guys to do this for me? for free? im only 14 so i dont have money to pay for stuff yet :( thanks in advance.

Frankd4
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: hi, i need help with this!

Post by Frankd4 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:21 am

Welcome aboard.

If you want a HTML or other type of site to call up a Joomla (I'll call it a section) you can install Joomla in a sub-directory and have a link from your main site.

Joomla is own Website you do not need any other site to make it run.

The difference is that Joomla keeps all the data/images etc in a database and when someone links to a page it takes a template and put the data/images into it at that time and displays the result.

An HTML site has the data/and image links hard coded on every page.

Tell us a bit more about what you want to do and perhaps provide a link and there are all sorts of folks that can help you out.
I may not be very good, but at least I'm not too fast.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

De4no
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by De4no » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:27 am

well it is just basically a html website, ive got the login box etc. sorted i just dont know how to set it up, someone told me i need it coded for joomla, and there is a forum side which i would like it to automatically update, (this is a clan template btw), an upcoming matches section, latest results etc. And of course just a main section, but id like to be able to just log into my website, add news contents etc. from there, update the latest results and matches etc. Here is an image of my website:  http://i30.[removed].com/21n40go.jpg

Frankd4
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Frankd4 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:49 am

First, Your site looks great!

I'm sorry but I am not familiar with the [InsightKillers] Clan templates. Is this a Joomla template?

I saw this site: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... 8.22:7777/
You could do this with Joomla but it is way beyond my skill level.

If it is, I think I can get you started. There are some basic requirements for Joomla. Is your site hosted by a company or are you hosting it on your own machine.

I don't know what your skill level is with Web sites.
1. Have you set up sites before?
2.  Do you have a domain name?
3. Do you have a hosting company?
4. Would people from your site make the forum entries or would this be pulled from another site?
I may not be very good, but at least I'm not too fast.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

De4no
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by De4no » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:24 am

Frankd4 wrote: First, Your site looks great!

I'm sorry but I am not familiar with the [InsightKillers] Clan templates. Is this a Joomla template?

I saw this site: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... 8.22:7777/
You could do this with Joomla but it is way beyond my skill level.

If it is, I think I can get you started. There are some basic requirements for Joomla. Is your site hosted by a company or are you hosting it on your own machine.

I don't know what your skill level is with Web sites.
1. Have you set up sites before?
2.  Do you have a domain name?
3. Do you have a hosting company?
4. Would people from your site make the forum entries or would this be pulled from another site?
No mate its my own design :P i made the template in photoshop etc. That gametracker link is a link to our game server stats, [InsightKillers] is a clan, an online first person shooter clan, gametracker shows our server stats, and the website im trying to make it to contact us easier and find out more about us! I have set up sites before, only basic ones though, i have a domain name, this domain name comes with my server, the hosting company is called 'gameservers.com' and im hoping the forum would be pulled from another site!

Return to “Development”