How can I access admin panel?

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! site? Pop your questions in here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
nzmma
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

How can I access admin panel?

Post by nzmma » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:15 am

Hi all,

My webfolk created www.newzealandmma.com for me in 2008 using Joomla and the site went pretty well but when they decided not to do web developing anymore, they suggested I change to WordPress but ditched the project before it could be completed.

Ended up getting a new team to create www.nzmma.tv and have redirected my old url to the new one.

My question is, how can I access my Joomla admin panel to pull the old article and file for transfer to my new site?

jondiego
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: How can I access admin panel?

Post by jondiego » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:19 am

The Joomla Admin panel can be found by going to

yourdomain.cm/administrator

Or if you no longer have that as a live site but have the files on a server you will need to use an FTP program such as (filezilla) or cpanel to pull data. With Joomla, your content is pulled from a database, so you will have to have a program like phpmyadmin.

Hope this helps!
SEO that gets you noticed!
http://www.CareyWebDesigns.com
Real Estate Advertising
http://www.RealEstateActive.com

nzmma
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: How can I access admin panel?

Post by nzmma » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:30 am

Hmmm... I see what you mean.

The site's no longer live but I do have the files on a server as well as cpanel and should be able to find someone who knows how to pull them all.

Thanks for the super fast reply. It's much appreciated!

Return to “Administration - 1.0.x”