QMS ISO 9001 ducument control

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Meturk
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

QMS ISO 9001 ducument control

Post by Meturk » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:20 am

I'm new to ISO 9001 quality management and I'm looking for some sort of way of controlling the documents with software so I can get my head around them. Seeing as most the work is document control I figured this was something right up Joomlas street, is anyone using or thought of using Joomla to control a businesses quality system like ISO 9001?

Meturk
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: QMS ISO 9001 ducument control

Post by Meturk » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:31 pm

I started making this site. I looked around the internet and found companies that will host such a system but they're very expensive. I think Joomla is working for it but I've yet to undergo an external audit from our ISO accreditor so I don't know if it is up to their standards yet and it's very simple. It's hosted on my local machine.

Our quality manual and standard operating procedures are just standard joomla articles.
I used SOBI2 to make a database of all our suppliers with different categories like approved, possible, timber, metal that part is working very well.

I'm using kunena forum to enter in the internal audits I'm doing. I went with this because it's just an easier way of entering audits and editing them, adding onto them. The only reason I went with kunena is because it was top of the list.

I'm using project log to schedule audits but I don't think it's really suitable, I would need something suitable.

But it looks like joomla is very well suited to ISO quality management, I have done very little customisation which was great almost everything works well out of the box and I've hopefully saved our company a few hundred pounds by using joomla.

ericcart
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ericcart » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:56 pm

We’ve been looking for a document management component. But it requires enterprise level features like version control, and full-text indexing.

We’ve worked with SOBI. But it’s not very related to document process management (workflows and similar stuff).

Our best test was to implement a Wiki, but it requires a lot of consulting work. (Today, we use Redmine as our general Wiki to don't loose anything)

At the end, we 've adopted a SaaS service called oquma http://www.oquma.com (so you can just jump in, without any low level configuration). They even have a wiki with open examples.

Meturk
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Meturk » Mon May 24, 2010 1:24 pm

I'll have a look into that software.

The joomla site worked well in the end though the BSI auditor came and saw it and it enabled me to do a remote assessment at a latter date too, it's passed all the requirements of ISO and we all clear of non-conformities now. . Pretty happy with it so far.

Return to “Administration 1.5”