Translate Facileforms contents with Joom!Fish

Discuss the development and implementation of Joomla! components here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
GertjanM
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Translate Facileforms contents with Joom!Fish

Post by GertjanM » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:32 am

Hi folks,

I currently installed joom!fish on my website and have started to translate the content. I also want to translate content made with Facileforms, but can't find it in the translation menu of joom!fish.

I search on this forum and read something about XML pages to make components ready to translate in joom!fish. Is this the solution to translate facileform content or is there another way. I don't really understand how to make a xml page for this purpose.  ??? (kind of a noob with that sort of stuff)

Robin
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Translate Facileforms contents with Joom!Fish

Post by Robin » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:45 am

Hi,

You would indeed need to create one or more xml files. More about those files here:

http://forge.joomla.org/sf/wiki/do/view ... figuration

You could take the existing xml files as example, look for them in /administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements/

petrovicivan
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by petrovicivan » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:59 am

Hi,

Can I please you to make a detail explanation about Content Element XML files. I understand how to find database fields and put them into type="data field", but with my zoom gallery this method doesn't working. Maybe something with translation filters. I would like to see an explanation of this Translation Filters.

Please help,
Ivan

Robin
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Robin » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:43 am

Hi Ivan,

You do have the latest JoomFish, RC? Ill have a look if I can find an example.

Robin

edit; files can be found here as attachment, not sure if they work, that user did have a problem. I'd try them out, of look at those files as example. http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,49851.0.html
Last edited by Robin on Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

petrovicivan
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by petrovicivan » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:50 am

Yes I have Joom!Fish 1.7 RC.zip.

This is the problem
http://www.bta.org.yu/component/option, ... 8/lang,en/

The whole site is multilingual except this zOOm gallery. I don't want to translate the name of every image , only the categories.
Here is my zoomgallery.xml:

zoom gallery
  Petrovic Ivan
  Definition for zOOm Gallery Category

ID
      Category title
      Category description
      Category folder
      Category image
      Category password
      Category keywords
      sub category ID
      position
      hide message
      shared
      published
      uid
      catmembers

I followed every column in database to be sure I didn't miss something.

Thanks in advance,
Ivan

petrovicivan
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by petrovicivan » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:58 am

Basically, I have been worried about other Components, which I planning to add. Please tell me if I have to badder Component's Teams or Joom!Fish Team.

Your sincerely,
Ivan

petrovicivan
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by petrovicivan » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:09 am

I found the same topic, it's possibly a Joom!Fish bug. I'll continue to wait at this topic. Thanks RobInk
http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,49851.0.html

Robin
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Robin » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:46 am

Hi,

For the xml element files you depend on the component developers. But hopefully we have time to give some support too  ;)
I will try to install both joomfish and zoom at home, see if I can get a working file for you.

begilhang
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by begilhang » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:09 pm

GertjanM wrote: Hi folks,

I currently installed joom!fish on my website and have started to translate the content. I also want to translate content made with Facileforms, but can't find it in the translation menu of joom!fish.

I search on this forum and read something about XML pages to make components ready to translate in joom!fish. Is this the solution to translate facileform content or is there another way. I don't really understand how to make a xml page for this purpose.  ??? (kind of a noob with that sort of stuff)

Hi

Gertjan, I was wondering if you have managed to create an XML file for ur form? I have been trying for 2 days but so far no luck. I have tried RobInk's advice and took the xml files from joomfish folder and tried to create one for my form accordingly but did ot succeed. As I am quite a newbie for these , I got some learning to do. I will be really grateful if someone could put up a sample xml file created for a form in facileforms to be used in joomfish 1.7RC. I beleive that would make everything much more clear for me and others to create xml files for forms to be used in joomfish.
Thanks for reading

begilhang
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by begilhang » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:55 am

Hi,

I have managed to create translation files for facile forms. First you must create as many forms as you plan to translate and give them different names. then create a static content and put the tag {FacileForms : Your Forms Name, 1 , 0} in the postion you want and publish it. When you go to joomfish translation, choose content put your tag for the desired language and publish it. Repeat this for as many languages as you have. Hope this helps to someone.

I still would like to learn to create an xml file for facile forms to be used in joomfish though... :)

Haprog
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Haprog » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:34 pm

I managed to make these xml files to translate Facile Forms' forms and elements succesfully with JoomFish. facileforms_elements.xml is for translating form contents and facileforms_forms.xml for translating form titles (usually shown in the Browsers header [HTML title], depending on Joomla template). Just put these files in your Joomla/administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements directory.

It would increase usability if there were good translation filters but I don't know how to make them so they aren't included. Atleast these xml files work. It would be great if someone could make the proper translation filters for these files.

When translating fields containing HTML, remember to click the Copy button next to the original text to see the original HTML (in JoomFish translation in the backend).

The Title field in the facileforms_elements.xml is translatable because atleast tooltip elements' title is shown directly in forms the frontend above the tooltip text. Besides JoomFish's list of translatable items would bug a bit if the titletext field wasn't set as translatable. But remember that most components' titles' aren't shown on the form so translating the Title doesn't have any effect in most cases. You need to translate either Data1, Data2, Data3 or ScriptMsg depending on the element. Just translate all fields that aren't empty.

facileforms_elements.xml

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
<joomfish type="contentelement">
  <name>Facile Forms: Elements</name>
  <author>Kari Söderholm</author>
  <version>1.0</version>
  <description>Definition for Facile Forms component's elements</description>
  <reference>
  	<table name="facileforms_elements">
  		<field type="referenceid" name="id" translate="0">ID</field>
  		<field type="text" name="form" translate="0">Form</field>
  		<field type="text" name="page" translate="0">Page</field>
  		<field type="text" name="name" translate="0">Name</field>
  		<field type="titletext" name="title" translate="1">Title</field>
  		<field type="text" name="type" translate="0">Type</field>
  		<field type="textarea" name="data1" translate="1">Data1</field>
  		<field type="textarea" name="data2" translate="1">Data2</field>
  		<field type="textarea" name="data3" translate="1">Data3</field>
  		<field type="textarea" name="script3msg" translate="1">ScriptMsg</field>
 	</table> 	
  </reference>
</joomfish>
facileforms_forms.xml

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
<joomfish type="contentelement">
  <name>Facile Forms: Forms</name>
  <author>Kari Söderholm</author>
  <version>1.0</version>
  <description>Definition for Facile Forms component's forms</description>
  <reference>
  	<table name="facileforms_forms">
  		<field type="referenceid" name="id" translate="0">ID</field>
  		<field type="text" name="package" translate="0">Package</field>
  		<field type="text" name="name" translate="0">Name</field>
  		<field type="titletext" name="title" translate="1">Title</field>
  		<field type="text" name="description" translate="0">Description</field>
 	</table> 	
  </reference>
</joomfish>

qwast
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by qwast » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:47 am

begilhang wrote: Hi,

I have managed to create translation files for facile forms. First you must create as many forms as you plan to translate and give them different names. then create a static content and put the tag {FacileForms : Your Forms Name, 1 , 0} in the postion you want and publish it. When you go to joomfish translation, choose content put your tag for the desired language and publish it. Repeat this for as many languages as you have. Hope this helps to someone.
Thanks, that helped me out!

ilSergio
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ilSergio » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:40 pm

Hi, i follow all the passage in this forum and i make my joomfish go with Facile Form! thanx a lot!

But i have a little problem, in one my form i add the LIST component for select various static items, it go in form an all ok but when i take it to translate i have some problem.

1) I change some text with standard metod of joomfish but when arrive at list of items:

Original  1;Select Elements;'' 0;one 0;two 0;three

i push the botton for copy and past of joomfish but it take only:

Translation 1;Select Elements;

and it delete all the items to select.

2) I decide to copy and past it with standart function by mouse but when you see the web site you see only the first items translate the other is delete

I BECAME MAD!!!!!

take me a Hand! please... (in simple english...)
thanx a lot

Return to “Components”