Could not save data

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Ham42
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Could not save data

Post by Ham42 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:29 pm

i was a beginner use joomla.., when come to global configuration nd change something, than save.., turn up a message in new window

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/a2339850/public_html/configuration.php) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/a2339850/public_html/libraries/joomla/filesystem/file.php on line 344

and then back automaticly to the first window with a missage

Code: Select all

:Could not save data. Error: Could not write to the configuration file
I don't understand what it mean.., pleas somebody help me to resolve this error..,

Thx before.., :D :'( :'( :'( ??? ??? ??? ???

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Could not save data

Post by toivo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:18 pm

Your configuration file is write protected which means that it cannot be replaced or updated. You need to reset the permissions manually to allow writing for configuration.php in the Joomla folder by using FTP or through your hosting provider's Control Panel.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator
troubleshooting smtp and other articles https://talikka.com/joomla

Ham42
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Ham42 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:57 pm

Thx so much Mr. toivo for your replace ,
Hou about reset the permission manually by using FPT..,

what are must i change in my configuration.php..?? upload a new configuration.php or edit the lastes..?

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:37 pm

If you reset the permissions though FTP, you can then modify the settings through Global Configuration. If the permissions are now 644, change them to 666 and you should be able to use Global Configuration to update the configuration. Remember to change the permissions back to 644.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator
troubleshooting smtp and other articles https://talikka.com/joomla

Ham42
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Ham42 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:26 pm

Wauw.., it is work.., i have set the permission code and now my site in online mode Thank you so much , it's helpful..,
but in article manager i can't edit save ar add e new article..,every time i click the icon of save, edit or etc.., nothing happend.
Could you explain me any more...??

aaanativearts
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by aaanativearts » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:08 am

I'm trying to set global configurations in Joomla 1.6 and am getting the message:
JFTP: :write: Bad response
Could not save data. Error: Could not write to the configuration file

I tried chmod configuration 777 and 666, neither worked, still get can't write to file message.

kYem
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by kYem » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:36 pm

Well i have the say problem once the site was transferred to the client server. However by the looks of it, the information is updated/saved, however the error still persist for some strange reason.

So Yes i can edit the information, change it, delete, do what ever i want, however the error message is still there. It's doesn't bother me much, however would be great if i could remove it
http://kYem.net - Personal Web Site

amitgora27
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Could not save data

Post by amitgora27 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:57 am

I have change the file permission form the ftp with 777 and then i save the changes form the admin panel that it`s showing error

Error: Saving failed (could not write config file)!

amitgora27
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by amitgora27 » Thu May 09, 2013 7:02 am

I have given all permissions on the configuration file like : 777-755-644 etc. but after that m not able to change the content of config file data because it`s is showing this error:
Error: Saving failed (could not write config file)!
so please let me know if any know exact solution of this problem please reply.....

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”