What is the purpose of the 'system-unpublished' class

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
sloth9
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

What is the purpose of the 'system-unpublished' class

Post by sloth9 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:30 am

I am creating a alternative layout for my featured articles and if it works well, I might try to do the same thing for my category blog layouts. I have one concern though. I am completely revamping the way the template works with leading items and I want to know how I should deal with unpublished articles.

The way I see it is that there should be an if statement that allows only published articles (if state==1) to be processed. The way it is by default (so most joomla sites that exist) is that they are processed the same way as published articles but have an 'system-unpublished' class assigned.

Is there any good reason for this to be the case, or would I be safe to just delete these parts of the code to ensure unpublished content stays off my front end?

Thanks

---Short Backstory, if interested---

I cannot find a module to display featured articles in a certain way. I found one that I liked the look of, but there are problems with how it works in the backend (I have to manually insert the article info into the module for every article). Since I liked how it looked, and I don't know enough to create my own module, I've gone the route of taking the output of the module to create an alternative layout (this process respects the license of the module).

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: What is the purpose of the 'system-unpublished' class

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:34 am

Unpublished articles are shown on the site, if a higher privileged user is logged in. That's why the code is there to let an editor publish the articles.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”