Best Tips For SEO

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 2.5. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 2.5 extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
sophithequeen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:23 am
Location: Austin Texsas
Contact:

Best Tips For SEO

Post by sophithequeen » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:48 am

Can anyone give Best Tips for SEO of Different site.
Like
* For Shopping Sites (Like online Stores Sites)
* For Service Site (Like Repairing , Maintainence Site )
* For Affiliated Sites (Like Voucher Codes Sites)
* For Organizational Site (Like Flood relief Sites)

NachoRegal
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:42 pm

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by NachoRegal » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:30 am

Seriously man, why not just Google this, it's not the kind of thing one can answer without typing out a 5000 word essay.

SEO always starts with knowing your budget and keyword research. It is the same no matter what kind of site you are developing.
Rabbit Web | Cairns Web Design | http://rabbitweb.com.au

sophithequeen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:23 am
Location: Austin Texsas
Contact:

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by sophithequeen » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:35 am

Ok. But I just want to know a few tips only

aguswgs
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:10 am

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by aguswgs » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:14 am

I think you can find your answer here http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=1345303
Please read forum rules regarding the use of signatures: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

sophithequeen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:23 am
Location: Austin Texsas
Contact:

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by sophithequeen » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:26 am

aguswgs wrote:I think you can find your answer here http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=1345303
That was great but my question is a bite different. I find know tips about off page S.E.O and best trick on it.

nishant007
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:07 am
Contact:

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by nishant007 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:26 am

nothing specific,just trying to make the backlinks from relevated fields
i love joomla

User avatar
D3METRI
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:10 pm
Location: My Computer!

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by D3METRI » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:43 am

Research the different types of backlinks and how to structure them. Then look up how to check traffic to keywords (make sure you dont look at the broad number) then look up how to check the competition of pages for keywords.

zoekeen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by zoekeen » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:43 am

What are the main things/hacks needed to be done in Joomla 1.6.4 for best SEO practices?
H1 Tag mods, etc?

User avatar
D3METRI
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:10 pm
Location: My Computer!

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by D3METRI » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:22 am

I dont focus a ton on the on page seo, I think off page is more important.

Not specific to joomla but you will want the urls to be like
http://www.yourdomain.com/whatever-your ... or-keyword

NOT
http://www.yourdomain.com/?q=node/23

Say youre selling snow shovels. Rename the pics from DSC005838 to red-snow-shovel.

Make sure you have your h1, h2, ect tags. Have the title have the keyword in. For example 'Red Snow Shovel for $10' not '$10 item'

Have 'red snow shovel' in the items description.

Things like that.

zoekeen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by zoekeen » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:14 am

Good stuff D3METRI!! Thanks for your input! Real good advise...
Would you share some off page tips? Sounds like you know your stuff!

Thanks Zoe

User avatar
D3METRI
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:10 pm
Location: My Computer!

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by D3METRI » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:32 pm

I dont know what you already know and there is a lot to tell. Do you already have keywords picked out?

seoweb23
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:45 am
Location: Bucharest - Romania
Contact:

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by seoweb23 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:31 am

The people how's not in SEO business think that are some magic trick that seo guys know!
Is not like this, this is a job whit lot of thinhgs to do to bee on the first page!
So don't belive everything you see on the internet!
Seoweb23 - Joomla - VirtueMart - SEO
http://www.seowebsite.ro
http://www.mxdesign.ro
..lot of people help me in the past, know is my time to help the others..

sophithequeen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:23 am
Location: Austin Texsas
Contact:

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by sophithequeen » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:45 am

aguswgs wrote:I think you can find your answer here http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=1345303
viewtopic.php?p=1345303 that is informative I need some special tricks.

tahikiro
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:59 am

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by tahikiro » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:11 pm

HI,

I'd say what you should not do:
1) buy service that promises you to submit your site/link to hundreds and thousands catalogs and directories, unless you can choose them yourself
2) exchange links with many other sites
3) exchange links and add links to sites which are not relevant for yours
4) use same title tags for your pages - all should have unique
5) write spammy sentences in description tags
6) add images without concrete title - if it is blue shoes, write blue_shoes.png
7) add more than 10 backlinks/exchange links in a week if your site younger than 6 months
8 ) add too much backlinks to your site pages
9) add copied from somewhere content or add same content to several site pages
10) use black seo tricks
11) add same key words to pages, each should have unique - 1-2 at least.

then in months your sites will definitely be in good positions and with PG about 4.

sophithequeen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:23 am
Location: Austin Texsas
Contact:

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by sophithequeen » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:56 am

tahikiro wrote:HI,

I'd say what you should not do:
1) buy service that promises you to submit your site/link to hundreds and thousands catalogs and directories, unless you can choose them yourself
2) exchange links with many other sites
3) exchange links and add links to sites which are not relevant for yours
4) use same title tags for your pages - all should have unique
5) write spammy sentences in description tags
6) add images without concrete title - if it is blue shoes, write blue_shoes.png
7) add more than 10 backlinks/exchange links in a week if your site younger than 6 months
8 ) add too much backlinks to your site pages
9) add copied from somewhere content or add same content to several site pages
10) use black seo tricks
11) add same key words to pages, each should have unique - 1-2 at least.

then in months your sites will definitely be in good positions and with PG about 4.

If site PR is 4 and I want to take on 7 then What should I do?

sophithequeen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:23 am
Location: Austin Texsas
Contact:

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by sophithequeen » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:22 am

RelocatingIndia wrote:For All types of site best seo tips is to make its content unique and then work on it's back link.
Do as much as you can directory submission and blogs with appropriate mix-up of articles,bookmarks,press release and other things.
Thank you. :p
Another question how many link to build per day. ???

ameen2010
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by ameen2010 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:42 pm

There are number of methods and techniques to rank your website higher in Search Engine. Mainly Off-page optimization and On-page optimization. However, I suggest that you follow off-page optimization methods like
blog commenting, forum posting, article submission. Keep in mind that while submitting article, keep the content flesh and unique.

I follow 3 methods to improve ranking to my website such as Blog posting, Forum posting, Article submission. I have got good result by following these steps.

sophithequeen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:23 am
Location: Austin Texsas
Contact:

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by sophithequeen » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:46 am

ameen2010 wrote:There are number of methods and techniques to rank your website higher in Search Engine. Mainly Off-page optimization and On-page optimization. However, I suggest that you follow off-page optimization methods like
blog commenting, forum posting, article submission. Keep in mind that while submitting article, keep the content flesh and unique.

I follow 3 methods to improve ranking to my website such as Blog posting, Forum posting, Article submission. I have got good result by following these steps.
What do you mean by Blog posting? (Mean Blog of owner webs or other blogs we have to made.)

ameen2010
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by ameen2010 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:10 am

In these days, SEO plays an very important role in online business. It increases the traffic to your website and more sales to your business. Here, you guys shared some useful SEO tips, let me follow these steps to improve pagerank. thanks for sharing.

sophithequeen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:23 am
Location: Austin Texsas
Contact:

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by sophithequeen » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:10 am

ameen2010 wrote:In these days, SEO plays an very important role in online business. It increases the traffic to your website and more sales to your business. Here, you guys shared some useful SEO tips, let me follow these steps to improve pagerank. thanks for sharing.
Thank You

oakulm
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by oakulm » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:44 am

Links links links links...

...Keep in mind that best SEO strategy is to have great content. If your content is good links will come. And visitors.
I provide Joomla! site building and technical help at http://www.drupaletti.fi

sophithequeen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:23 am
Location: Austin Texsas
Contact:

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by sophithequeen » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:29 am

I need some US social bookmarking site (Page Rank: 2 to 5 or more)

User avatar
tiosus
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:03 am
Location: Iran
Contact:

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by tiosus » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:50 am

sophithequeen wrote:Can anyone give Best Tips for SEO of Different site.
Like
* For Shopping Sites (Like online Stores Sites)
* For Service Site (Like Repairing , Maintainence Site )
* For Affiliated Sites (Like Voucher Codes Sites)
* For Organizational Site (Like Flood relief Sites)
just enable all joomla sef options and install sh404sef or other seo ext
it will help you too manage and edit typr of your weblink
managing meta data
monitor and redirect 404 page
make redirect for all page
translate your link
and use xmap for generate xml site map and submit it too google
http://www.azolfagharj.ir ,
Creat and translate RTL Support (Farsi/Persian - Arabic) Joomla Templates and Extentions in Middle East.

User avatar
tiosus
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:03 am
Location: Iran
Contact:

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by tiosus » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:50 am

also don't forget add google 1+ code to your site
http://www.azolfagharj.ir ,
Creat and translate RTL Support (Farsi/Persian - Arabic) Joomla Templates and Extentions in Middle East.

Vanilla Sky
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 6:49 am

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by Vanilla Sky » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:12 am

Yes, good content will bring links automaticly. And I would avoid keyword stuffing!!!!! BAD NEWS!

Vanilla Sky
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 6:49 am

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by Vanilla Sky » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:13 am

tiosus wrote:also don't forget add google 1+ code to your site
and facebook like code!! :)

sophithequeen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:23 am
Location: Austin Texsas
Contact:

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by sophithequeen » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:30 am

Again Same Question
I need some US social bookmarking site (Page Rank: 2 to 5 or more)

oakulm
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by oakulm » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:06 am

Socialmonkee offers great bookmarking service. I highly recomend it. I have used it for few months now and it works great.
I provide Joomla! site building and technical help at http://www.drupaletti.fi

User avatar
tiosus
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:03 am
Location: Iran
Contact:

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by tiosus » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:58 am

1-just enable all joomla sef options
2-managing meta data in all article
3-monitor and redirect 404 page(by using ext like sh404sef)
4-translate your link if you use unicode language
5- install xmap for generate xml site map
6-submit that site map too google webmaster tool , bing, yahoo ,and ....
7-use ext to customize page link , is't better that url choose from page content
8-use H1 H2 H3 tag in your article
9-add alternative text to all images and links
10-link your content to each other by using module and plug in like:related article
11-show meta tag of article in page by using ext
12-use latest item and popular item module in all page
13-set a menu link to sitemap.xml
14-share your page in social network and like page on facebook (also use related sharing ext)
15- check all of your website pages and make sure they don't have same page title and meta dec
16-find your referral incoming traffic source and link to them
17 setup google webmaster tools and analytic on your site and every day check that . to find your website error like 404,500,403 and solve them.
http://www.azolfagharj.ir ,
Creat and translate RTL Support (Farsi/Persian - Arabic) Joomla Templates and Extentions in Middle East.

sophithequeen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:23 am
Location: Austin Texsas
Contact:

Re: Best Tips For SEO

Post by sophithequeen » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:53 am

tiosus wrote:1-just enable all joomla sef options
2-managing meta data in all article
3-monitor and redirect 404 page(by using ext like sh404sef)
4-translate your link if you use unicode language
5- install xmap for generate xml site map
6-submit that site map too google webmaster tool , bing, yahoo ,and ....
7-use ext to customize page link , is't better that url choose from page content
8-use H1 H2 H3 tag in your article
9-add alternative text to all images and links
10-link your content to each other by using module and plug in like:related article
11-show meta tag of article in page by using ext
12-use latest item and popular item module in all page
13-set a menu link to sitemap.xml
14-share your page in social network and like page on facebook (also use related sharing ext)
15- check all of your website pages and make sure they don't have same page title and meta dec
16-find your referral incoming traffic source and link to them
17 setup google webmaster tools and analytic on your site and every day check that . to find your website error like 404,500,403 and solve them.
Thank you Very much.


Locked

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 2.5”