Object not found! Eror 404

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
igcompany
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Object not found! Eror 404

Post by igcompany » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:55 pm

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 404
localhost
07/12/11 01:51:49
Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.8

This is what i get when i try to click on a article inside my site.The website works great on my old computer but when i try to install the backup on my new computer it only shows the index page. If i click any link inside index.php i will get that error. I use xampp 1.7. Actually i've been installing wamps all day long and they all give me the same error.
Can you help me?
Thanks alot!
PS. I used akeeba backup to backup my website and to reinstall it on my new computer.

igcompany
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Object not found! Eror 404

Post by igcompany » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:51 am

I managed to solve it! It seems it was from a sef&seo component. Before making a backup with akeeba i deactivated that component and set joomla sef to no. After i uploaded the backup on my new computer i had to make another .htaccess file because the other one was erased when i deactivated sef. And that's it!
I activated sef and the seo&sef component back and it works!

kuknoor
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by kuknoor » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:37 pm

Thanks man , I got to know where was the problem . the problem was with sef urls.
immediately i have set sef urls in global configuration to "no". and saved it .
my problem resolved
Srinivas Kuknoorpalli,
Freelance Jommla & Drupal Developer in hyderabad.
http://www.antar.in

igcompany
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by igcompany » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:17 pm

No problem. I know many of you find out how to solve the problems but do not comeback to post how you managed to do that. I'm really happy i helped.

Return to “Installation 1.5”