Template can't be modified because base64_decode() disabled.

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Romeomike
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Template can't be modified because base64_decode() disabled.

Post by Romeomike » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:50 pm

Hi,

I am getting this message after just installing Joomla 1.7 on my service provider host:

PHP Warning: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons in ... \administrator\components\com_templates\models\source.php on line 46

The support guy told me this is not a host issue but something to do with Joomla. I am not so sure because it works fine on my localhost.

Anyway, the upshot is that I can't modify my Beez 5 template because I get the error message as soon as I try to go into the Main Page template for editing.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sisko1990
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Template can't be modified because base64_decode() disab

Post by Sisko1990 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi,

this is definitely a hoster issue. Because this message is an error message from PHP that in your php.ini the function "base64_decode" is been disabled (can also be disabled by your hosting provider).

So if you can change your php.ini search for that function and activate it or disable the php warnings.

Regards
Jan

Romeomike
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Romeomike » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:41 pm

Thank Jan. That is useful info.

Romeomike
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Romeomike » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:21 am

Resolution: I got my hoster to copy the php.ini file into my root directory (it was previously a global file accessed by everybody) and after that everything seemed to work.

Cheers Jan!

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 2.5”