SMF SSI Login/Logout Issue w/ Joomla 1.7.1

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
munrobr
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

SMF SSI Login/Logout Issue w/ Joomla 1.7.1

Post by munrobr » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:34 pm

Issue: I have a Joomla install that I have placed an SMF SSI Login/Logout module on. The problem I (and many people) have had is the session values don't match up, giving a session validation error when selecting logout from the SMF SSI module.
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.
From what I've read Joomla takes over the session

I've tried disabling database sessions for both, in the hopes that it would be the same value, but that's no good. I also found this page: http://www.simplemachines.org/community ... c=284056.0 where the users mentions finding a fix, but doesn't exactly say how. So I looked into the SSI.php file in SMF and (being a pHp novice) had no idea what I needed to do to alter the function that loads the session.

If it helps I've dumped the session vars and echoed what I thought might be helpful, even though I'm obviously going to get nothing from the smf stuff: dev.dtfgaming.com

I'm not sure what other information would be helpful other than I'm using 2.0.1 SMF and 1.7.1 Joomla. So it's pretty up-to-date stuff.

edit: oh also I'm trying to make this a module for a friend, which is why I put this here and not in some other area.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”