- Upgraded from Mambo to Joomla 1.0.7.
- By 1.0.8 had the "Hi, 0" bug when a user logs in.
- Got the quick fix for that bug. New bug appeared where:
1. you log in, nothing happens, like screen just refreshes, not even a wrong username or password message.
2. you log the 2nd time, your name/account shows in "Who's online" but not your User Menu, until you click a link in your site (home link) that brings your User Menu up.
3. you log in the 3rd time, you finally log in correctly with User Menu appearing.
4. The problem reappears after you close your browser (Firefox & IE) and you start logging in again. The problem can be duplicated
5. Here's a thread about it: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,45423.0.html
- Updated from 1.0.8 to 1.0.9
1. The problem was not fixed completely
2. I'm able to log in without a hitch with Firefox but IE still has the same problem just like in 1.0.8
(Keep in mind I always clear cookies and cache to tests).
- Updated from 1.0.9 to 1.0.10
1. A change to the problem, instead of showing nothing happened after your 1st log in try, it shows:
"You are not authorized to view this page"
2. Refresh the page and try logging in the 2nd time, now it shows your user name in the "Who's Online" but no User Menu until you click on a new page or click "Home"
3. 3rd time you log in, everything works as it should. User Menu shows up and "Who's Online" also.
4. The problem is duplicated by closing the browser and you're back to same problem again.
- I have installed test sites using a full version of 1.0.9 from scratch, not from a mambo to joomla upgrade. I do not experience this log in problem which kinda poiints to maybe some problem with having the site use Mambo first then upgrading it to joomla. I am not sure, but somewhere along the line something broke and even up to 1.0.10, its still giving me a problem.
You can try here:
Here's a related problem in this thread: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,71369.0.html
The work around works by creating a link of the log-in form in the Main menu (component - login).
PHP built On: FreeBSD host240.ipowerweb.com 4.10-SATA-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.10-SATA-RELEASE #0: T i386
Database Version: 4.0.18
PHP Version: 4.4.1
Web Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_log_bytes/0.3 FrontPage/126.96.36.19935 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7d
WebServer to PHP interface: apache
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.0.10 Stable [ Sundown ] 26 June 2006 00:00 UTC
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/184.108.40.206
Relevant PHP Settings:
Safe Mode: OFF
Open basedir: none
Display Errors: ON
Short Open Tags: ON
File Uploads: ON
Magic Quotes: ON
Register Globals: ON
Output Buffering: OFF
Session save path: /tmp
Session auto start: 0
XML enabled: Yes
Zlib enabled: Yes
Disabled Functions: none
WYSIWYG Editor: TinyMCE WYSIWYG Editor