Joomla 2.5 Errors

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Mokor
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla 2.5 Errors

Post by Mokor » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:14 am

Hello Joomla Team,

I am really stuck with these errors whenever I install Joomla 2.5.
I installed Joomla through Softaculous on Win XP but when I go to the Home page of the Joomla installation I have a whole bunch of errors. I tried using Yootheme Joomla Templates and I cannot even see the demo of the template.

I really need someones help, as I am at total cross roads.

I am a newbie in Joomla.

Best Regards

Strict Standards: Non-static method Warp::getInstance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\templates\yoo_spark\index.php on line 16

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\templates\yoo_spark\warp\systems\joomla\helpers\modules.php on line 50

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\templates\yoo_spark\warp\systems\joomla\helpers\modules.php on line 50

Strict Standards: Non-static method Warp::getInstance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\templates\yoo_spark\config.php on line 11

Strict Standards: Non-static method Warp::getInstance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\templates\yoo_spark\warp\classes\helper.php on line 31

Strict Standards: Non-static method Warp::getInstance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\templates\yoo_spark\warp\classes\helper.php on line 31

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\templates\yoo_spark\warp\warp.php on line 135

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\templates\yoo_spark\warp\systems\joomla\helpers\modules.php on line 35

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\templates\yoo_spark\warp\systems\joomla\helpers\modules.php on line 36

Strict Standards: Non-static method Warp::getInstance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\templates\yoo_spark\html\config.php on line 13

Strict Standards: Non-static method Warp::getInstance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\templates\yoo_spark\html\config.php on line 13

Mokor
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla 2.5 Errors

Post by Mokor » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:23 am

Hello Joomla Team,

I un-installed and re-installed Joomla 2.5 all over (4 times) again in Softaculous and I still this same error report below.

This occurred in the three columns of "Contribute" "Books" "Shop"
in Joomla default template that automatically installs with Joomla 2.5.

Please what should I do? Your help will be really appreciated.

Notice: Array to string conversion in C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\components\com_banners\models\banners.php on line 44

Notice: Array to string conversion in C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\components\com_banners\models\banners.php on line 45

Notice: Array to string conversion in C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\components\com_banners\models\banners.php on line 44

Notice: Array to string conversion in C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\components\com_banners\models\banners.php on line 45

Mokor
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Mokor » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:55 am

Hello Joomla Team,

My Errors report from Joomla 2.5 has just been solved with help from the Softaculous Forum by adding the below code to the php.ini file:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

Hope it does or would not affect the operations of Joomla.

Going ahead to test one of the Templates now. Had to post this solution immediately for your information.

Thanks

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:48 am

You have in the global configuration in the admin area under the "server" tab an option called "error reporting" If you would have set that to "none" or "default" you would not have needed to add the line in your php.ini

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Support Provider:
-> Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
-> Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -
-> Joomla Webmaster Services: gws-webmaster.services

Mokor
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Mokor » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:23 am

Hello Leolam,
Please can you give clearer explanantion of what and where you mean?
Global configuration, admin area, server tab (Extensions Manager or Template or Joomla INstallation?)

If I may mention. When installing Joomla, there where two options that where set to ON while it is recommended that it is supposed to be OFF, but at that point of Joomla installation, there is not button to click to switch off which option is needed or not. The installation just has to finish before you can try doing anything about it, which seems not to be adequate, if you see my meaning. I want to suggest that, it would have been most ideal for the Joomla Team to make the Joomla installation such that, it could be possible to click an option ON or OFF.

Thanks and best regards.

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:38 am

@ Mokor, please refrain from copying your posty no 8 to my PMB and request support through PMB? See first dot of http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65 . If you want 1:1 support from me on your issue you will need to follow my signature and purchase a support ticket.

The 2 on/off issue is a check on your server configuration which settings show wrong. Joomla can never change your server settings so you misunderstood that function. Again it checks if your server settings comply to standard requirements

Leo 8)

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:32 pm

It also appears that you might be running PHP 5.4.x please confirm. This would relate specifically to the Notice: Array to string conversion.
There are currently some issues with early releases of PHP 5.4.x (bugs) that may impact on different PHP based software such as Joomla.

Mokor
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Mokor » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:22 am

Yes, I am running PHP 5.4.x. Should I change to PHP 5.3.x?
Thx Leo, PMB understood.
Thanks

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:17 am

Mokor wrote:Yes, I am running PHP 5.4.x. Should I change to PHP 5.3.x?
I would advise you to change indeed to latest PHP 5.3.14 which is for Joomla a Stable environment and keep your cPanel auto updated

Leo 8)

monngon
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by monngon » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:02 am

I would advise you to change indeed to latest PHP 5.3.14 which is for Joomla a Stable environment and keep your cPanel auto updated
Thanks for guidance !
http://www.dacsanamthuc.com

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”