Bug in Joomla!Fish Component and Module

How to support more than one language on your site.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

damenchoy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Bug in Joomla!Fish Component and Module

Post by damenchoy » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:02 am

I have just downloaded and installed the Joomla!1.0.9 multilanguage version and I installed it in my website
http://www.seo-vault.com

I activated the Traditional Chinese and English for I want to run this site in these two languages.

One minor problem with the module bundled in this package is that I cannot configure it to use image for the language selection. There are a choice in the module setup under the administration section==> Module==> Language (mod_jflanguageselection), but no matter how hard I tried to choose the option "ul-list of images" and apply and save this setting, my site is still showing the language choice in names rather than images.

I guess this is a bug in Joomla!Fish. Can anyone advise?

Rgds

Damen

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Bug in Joomla!Fish Component and Module

Post by infograf768 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:30 am

Welcome on the Joomla forums.

Joomfish 1.7 working perfectly here on a 1.0.10 Joomla!.
You may have to reinstall the fish as some fles may have been corrupted during ftp.

Also, your chinese language file is not up-to-date.
Some strings are missing.
Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf · http://www.info-graf.fr
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

damenchoy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by damenchoy » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:42 am

After Debugging for an hour, I know the reason, the image files are missing in the flag directory of the Joomfish directory...
When I added the two images back, everything is okay.

It seems taht 1.0.9 multi-language installer failed to automatically install the required flag images that casue the problem.

Yes, my version of Joomla! is 1.0.9 so I plan to re-install the 1.0.10 and try to install Joomfish 1.7. Thanks for telling me it works!

The reason I use 1.0.9 is it comes with multi-lanuage version. If I use 1.0.10, I don't know where to find the Chinese Lanuage Pack for it (Traditonal version). Also I would like to see if I can use Chinese Lanauage in UTF8 coding.

Can you advise where I can find those language packs? I search by Google but to my surpise, I cannot find any.

Thanks for your information, anyway!

Rgds

Damen

infograf768 wrote: Welcome on the Joomla forums.

Joomfish 1.7 working perfectly here on a 1.0.10 Joomla!.
You may have to reinstall the fish as some fles may have been corrupted during ftp.

Also, your chinese language file is not up-to-date.
Some strings are missing.

TJLawJX
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by TJLawJX » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:48 pm

How did you get Joomfish 1.7 working on your 1.0.10?

I noticed this morning that Joomfish 1.7 would not allow front end users to log into the website once the JoomFish component was installed on 1.0.9, so I upgraded my installation to 1.0.10 hoping the problem would fix itself.  With the problem remaining I figured I would do a complete fresh install of 1.0.10, with absolutely no addons to see if maybe one of the addons I had installed was conflicting with JoomFish, again users are still unable to log into the front end.

If I remove the JoomFish componet front end logins go through just fine.  There is something broken with JoomFish somewhere.

I am running Joomla with the following setup.

Win XP Pro
Microsoft IIS 5.1
MySQL 5.0.22-community-nt (utf8_general_ci database collation)
PHP 5.1.4
Joomla 1.0.10
JoomFish 1.7

Also of note, this problem does indeed have a Bug Report on the JoomFish Forge Boards.
Any insight to a fix would be awesome.
--
TJLawJX

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by infograf768 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:43 pm

damenchoy wrote: If I use 1.0.10, I don't know where to find the Chinese Lanuage Pack for it (Traditonal version). Also I would like to see if I can use Chinese Lanauage in UTF8 coding.

Can you advise where I can find those language packs? I search by Google but to my surpise, I cannot find any.
This is a link to the full Chinese package utf8, simplified and traditional:
http://rt.openfoundry.org/Foundry/Proje ... se).tar.gz

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by infograf768 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:44 pm

TJLawJX wrote: How did you get Joomfish 1.7 working on your 1.0.10?

I noticed this morning that Joomfish 1.7 would not allow front end users to log into the website once the JoomFish component was installed on 1.0.9, so I upgraded my installation to 1.0.10 hoping the problem would fix itself.  With the problem remaining I figured I would do a complete fresh install of 1.0.10, with absolutely no addons to see if maybe one of the addons I had installed was conflicting with JoomFish, again users are still unable to log into the front end.

If I remove the JoomFish componet front end logins go through just fine.  There is something broken with JoomFish somewhere.

I am running Joomla with the following setup.

Win XP Pro
Microsoft IIS 5.1
MySQL 5.0.22-community-nt (utf8_general_ci database collation)
PHP 5.1.4
Joomla 1.0.10
JoomFish 1.7

Also of note, this problem does indeed have a Bug Report on the JoomFish Forge Boards.
Any insight to a fix would be awesome.

I have not tried Joomfish with a utf8 collation.
My setting in sig is for iso-8559-1

damenchoy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by damenchoy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:05 am

message to TJLawJX

From a quick glance at your platform information, there could be one reason: YOu are using a MySQL version of 5.x. I remembered I did come across some discussions for the problem of using MySQL version 5.x and especially someone warned about the problem of using unicode in MySQL.

And also you are using Windows platfrom wheresas I am using the majority Apache with MySQL and PHP for the following version:
PHP version  4.4.2
MySQL version 4.1.19-standard

So these could also be the origin of your problems. Try to do the same thing in Apache platform and see...

And what languages are you using? Would there be the problem of your language file? I remembered when I use Joomla 1.0.9, I've noticed there were many errors in the Chinese Files for utf-8 in both the xml and php file. I have to spend another hour rewriting them before it can work properly. Check out your language file for the translations related to the login part. Would there be errors in the php code? Try to compare it to standard English files could help.

And what do you mean the front end does not allow the user to login? Did you see any error messages?

I went to my site and tested again for login function and it works no matter in Chinese or English. I re-installed the joomla for 1.0.10 yesterday with Joomlafish setup and also installed the Chinese language files in UTF-8. My English interface configuration is also utf-8.

By the way, where did you find the bug report for problem in login ?

Damen

damenchoy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by damenchoy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:08 am

To :infograf768

Thanks for your information. I have spent hours building the Chinese Language file myself but I think I have the best one now because I corrected some minor bugs in the origianl language files from Joomla 1.0.9.

Thanks for your help anyway!

Rgds

Damen

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by infograf768 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:51 am

@ Damen

These Chinese files are the work of eyesofkids http://forum.joomla.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1604 our Traditional Chinese Translation partner.
If you believe they need work, please contact him.

TJLawJX
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by TJLawJX » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:26 pm

The login problem goes like this.

-Install Joomla and login at the frontend with a user. Everything logs in fine.
-Install JoomFish and attempt a frontend login with the same user. 
After typing the username and password and clicking the login button; the page refreshes back to the
Joomla mainpage without logging in the user.

This happens before any additional languages are added, the only language being used at this point is the default Joomla English. Adding in an additional language changes nothing.

I have attempted the Spanish 1.0.9 files located at:
(noticed this morning language files for 1.0.10 have been added, so ill be trying those today)

http://developer.joomla.org/sf/frs/do/v ... for_joomla

I had also used the default latin1 collation previously and had the same issue.  I will try and do another fresh install using the iso-8559-1

In the essence of time I am limited right now to using windows IIS to get a semi functional test page up.  Basically, I just need to show that these features are working. The final site will be built on the CentOS Linux Distro.  I'll be doing some additional testing today with the new languages and a different collation.  I'll build a linux box and atttempt it there if all else fails.

The bug report for this problem can be found at this link

http://forge.joomla.org/sf/go/artf5080?nav=1
--
TJLawJX

Oliver23
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Oliver23 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:39 am

I have the same Problem with Joomla 1.0.11, Windows and Apache. Could you finaly solve the problem?

TJLawJX
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by TJLawJX » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:02 pm

I have never figured this out, I simply changed the wording on the login box to "Process Login" where "Remember Me" was as a bandaid until the bug gets corrected with a different version or something.
--
TJLawJX

Oliver23
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Oliver23 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:08 pm

The thing here with the '0' works almost, you just can't logout anymore after  ;)
http://forge.joomla.org/sf/discussion/d ... 0551354653

wiredeyes
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by wiredeyes » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:16 am

Okay I have this issue, cant login to front end and have joomfish installed.

Anyone have a solution to this yet?

Oliver23
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Oliver23 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:28 am

I'm waiting for help too...  ???

intexdesign
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by intexdesign » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:55 pm

I've just deployed my first site with Joomla and have been really impressed.  The front end login was perfect as it really made things simple for my client (he has trouble sending emails).  Since adding JoomlaFish I also can't log in from the front end.  Having to be an administrator to update the site is really going to cause a problem.  Is this likely to be fixed soon?  Or is there an older version of the component where it worked.
Thanks
Paul

Return to “Joom!Fish and Multilingual Sites”