Joomla! Documentation Workgroup

Moderator: Documentation

Michelle Bisson
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Developer Manual'

Post by Michelle Bisson » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:04 am

Should that not be 'Developer Manual'?

and in Ch8 Developers Manual likewise should be 'Developer Manual' - consistency makes things easier.

cheers,

Russell
Can someone on the dev doc team look into this?
Michelle Bisson, POPcliQ, http://www.popcliq.com
Joomla / OSM Trademarks Team Member

ianmac
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Developer Manual'

Post by ianmac » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:53 am

Probably don't have access anyway, but I can't figure out what you are referring to...  where did the message come from?

Ian

aWordinyourEar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by aWordinyourEar » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:36 pm

It came from il ol me :), just trying to do a good turn on the net for the good turn of jooomla.

I made my responses after getting through documentation and noticing inconsistencies which are easy to make but cause a hassle to readers. When I saw a 'post-corrections to this' on the article mentioned above I thought I'd draw attention to the inconsistent references made to the "Developer manual", elsewhere "Development Manual" or "Developers manual", all the same thing I believe.

cheers,

Russell

ianmac
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by ianmac » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:05 pm

Hi Russell,

Your input is appreciated.  However, I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to...  can you send me a link to the page in question?  When you see such inconsistencies, feel free to look them on the tracker on the forge.

If what you are seeing is on help.joomla.org, it should be noted that most of that content will become obsolete once 1.5 comes out - we are really working hard to get 1.5 documented so that we have a complete system with good documentation.

If you would like to offer your feedback on the 1.5 documentation, then check it out the API documentation on the wiki.  There is a lot left to be done, but some progress has been made.  I would appreciate hearing your feedback as I continue to work with our team to write the API reference.

Thanks,
Ian

ianmac
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by ianmac » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:57 am

Has this been resolved?  I'm still not sure what's up...

Ian

aWordinyourEar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by aWordinyourEar » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:07 pm

I think Michelle at beggining of this thread was quoting an email I quickly sent after spotting small error at
http://help.joomla.org/content/view/474/221/
Being an ex-proofreader, I made the comment re consistent use of 'Developer manual', hoping to suggest generally the importance of keeping all references identical. I notice the change has not been made but if it is not to be used much more, it doesn't really matter.

I had a quick look for the documentation you were referring to on the wiki (?) but couldn't find.

I'd be happy to help proofread what I can if you point me the way.

cheers,

Russell

Return to “docs.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”