Media Manager Unable to Delete Images

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.
User avatar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:20 pm
Location: Toledo, Ohio, U.S.A.

Media Manager Unable to Delete Images

Post by Stonewall » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:37 pm

I used media manager to upload some images.  The images were successfully uploaded and usable.  When trying to delete those images, I received the following error...

Warning: unlink(c:/wamp/www/nfsmambo/images/stories/line_service/nfs_fbo_small.jpg) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in c:\wamp\www\nfsmambo\administrator\components\com_media\ on line 84

The warning references the folder:  c:/wamp/www/nfsmambo/images/stories/line_service/nfs_fbo_small.jpg
The image file is actually here:  C:\wamp\www\nfsmambo\images\line_service\nfs_fbo_small.jpg

Since I used media manager to create the folder and upload the file, I would think that it should know where to find it when you asked it to delete it.

Attempting to delete anything in media manager results in a similar error.  It looks like it is always throwing an extra "stories" into the path when it tries to delete.

This may be an upgrade issue as I used the following method to install Joomla:
  • Copied my mambo directory
  • Extracted Joomla Overwriting Original Mambo Files
  • Deleted Installation Directory
  • Restored my original configuration.php
  • Ran patch file (SQL)
My paths are...
Absolute Path:  c:/wamp/www/nfsmambo 
Live Site: http://localhost/nfsmambo
Vote for Joomla! NOW

User avatar
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero
Posts: 2756
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: Marikina, Metro Manila, Philippines

Re: Media Manager Unable to Delete Images

Post by stingrey » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:55 pm

A 'known' bug that will be fixed in 1.0.1:
Rey Gigataras <-- great team of talented Web Designers and Programmers! <-- About Me :)
Partner, Business Development & Project Manager, Event Manager, Sports Coach :D


Return to “Upgrading - 1.0.x”