Error 500 Joomla

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
podb
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Error 500 Joomla

Post by podb » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi Team !!

I am brand new in the Joomla World ansd since I have tried to update my Joomla version from 2.5.6 stable to 3.0 Beta, I have a problem and cannot find the solution.

My website: bricoach.com

The main page is OK but when we try to click on the menu to have access to the articles I receive an error 500 as per following:

Error: 500 - Unknown column 'a.title_alias' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT a.id, a.asset_id, a.title, a.alias, a.title_alias, a.introtext, a.fulltext, CASE WHEN badcats.id is null THEN a.state ELSE 0 END AS state, a.mask, a.catid, a.created, a.created_by, a.created_by_alias, CASE WHEN a.modified = 0 THEN a.created ELSE a.modified END as modified, a.modified_by, a.checked_out, a.checked_out_time, a.publish_up, a.publish_down, a.images, a.urls, a.attribs, a.version, a.parentid, a.ordering, a.metakey, a.metadesc, a.access, a.hits, a.metadata, a.featured, a.language, a.xreference,c.title AS category_title, c.alias AS category_alias, c.access AS category_access,u.name AS author,contact.id as contactid,parent.title as parent_title, parent.id as parent_id, parent.path as parent_route, parent.alias as parent_alias,ROUND(v.rating_sum / v.rating_count, 0) AS rating, v.rating_count as rating_count FROM qhulb_content AS a LEFT JOIN qhulb_categories AS c on c.id = a.catid LEFT JOIN qhulb_users AS u on u.id = a.created_by LEFT JOIN ( SELECT contact.user_id, MAX(contact.id) AS id, contact.language FROM qhulb_contact_details AS contact WHERE contact.published = 1 GROUP BY contact.user_id, contact.language) AS contact ON contact.user_id = a.created_by LEFT JOIN qhulb_categories as parent ON parent.id = c.parent_id LEFT JOIN qhulb_content_rating AS v ON a.id = v.content_id LEFT OUTER JOIN (SELECT cat.id as id FROM qhulb_categories AS cat JOIN qhulb_categories AS parent ON cat.lft BETWEEN parent.lft AND parent.rgt WHERE parent.extension = 'com_content' AND parent.published <= 0 GROUP BY cat.id) AS badcats ON badcats.id = c.id WHERE a.id = 34 AND (a.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR a.publish_up <= '2012-11-12 16:50:30') AND (a.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR a.publish_down >= '2012-11-12 16:50:30') AND (a.state = 1 OR a.state =2)

Then, when I try to have access to my Menu in Joomla I receive an error 500 as per following:

500 - An error has occurred.
Unknown column 'a.ordering' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT a.id, a.menutype, a.title, a.alias, a.note, a.path, a.link, a.type, a.parent_id, a.level, a.published as apublished, a.component_id, a.ordering, a.checked_out, a.checked_out_time, a.browserNav, a.access, a.img, a.template_style_id, a.params, a.lft, a.rgt, a.home, a.language, a.client_id,CASE a.type WHEN 'component' THEN a.published+2*(e.enabled-1) WHEN 'url' THEN a.published+2 WHEN 'alias' THEN a.published+4 WHEN 'separator' THEN a.published+6 END AS published,l.title AS language_title, l.image as image,u.name AS editor,c.element AS componentname,ag.title AS access_level,e.name AS name FROM `qhulb_menu` AS a LEFT JOIN `qhulb_languages` AS l ON l.lang_code = a.language LEFT JOIN `qhulb_users` AS u ON u.id = a.checked_out LEFT JOIN `qhulb_extensions` AS c ON c.extension_id = a.component_id LEFT JOIN qhulb_viewlevels AS ag ON ag.id = a.access LEFT JOIN qhulb_extensions AS e ON e.extension_id = a.component_id WHERE a.id > 1 AND a.client_id = 0 AND (a.published IN (0, 1)) AND a.menutype = 'mainmenu' ORDER BY a.lft asc Unknown column 'a.ordering' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT a.id, a.menutype, a.title, a.alias, a.note, a.path, a.link, a.type, a.parent_id, a.level, a.published as apublished, a.component_id, a.ordering, a.checked_out, a.checked_out_time, a.browserNav, a.access, a.img, a.template_style_id, a.params, a.lft, a.rgt, a.home, a.language, a.client_id,CASE a.type WHEN 'component' THEN a.published+2*(e.enabled-1) WHEN 'url' THEN a.published+2 WHEN 'alias' THEN a.published+4 WHEN 'separator' THEN a.published+6 END AS published,l.title AS language_title, l.image as image,u.name AS editor,c.element AS componentname,ag.title AS access_level,e.name AS name FROM `qhulb_menu` AS a LEFT JOIN `qhulb_languages` AS l ON l.lang_code = a.language LEFT JOIN `qhulb_users` AS u ON u.id = a.checked_out LEFT JOIN `qhulb_extensions` AS c ON c.extension_id = a.component_id LEFT JOIN qhulb_viewlevels AS ag ON ag.id = a.access LEFT JOIN qhulb_extensions AS e ON e.extension_id = a.component_id WHERE a.id > 1 AND a.client_id = 0 AND (a.published IN (0, 1)) AND a.menutype = 'mainmenu' ORDER BY a.lft asc LIMIT 0, 20 Unknown column 'a.ordering' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT a.id, a.menutype, a.title, a.alias, a.note, a.path, a.link, a.type, a.parent_id, a.level, a.published as apublished, a.component_id, a.ordering, a.checked_out, a.checked_out_time, a.browserNav, a.access, a.img, a.template_style_id, a.params, a.lft, a.rgt, a.home, a.language, a.client_id,CASE a.type WHEN 'component' THEN a.published+2*(e.enabled-1) WHEN 'url' THEN a.published+2 WHEN 'alias' THEN a.published+4 WHEN 'separator' THEN a.published+6 END AS published,l.title AS language_title, l.image as image,u.name AS editor,c.element AS componentname,ag.title AS access_level,e.name AS name FROM `qhulb_menu` AS a LEFT JOIN `qhulb_languages` AS l ON l.lang_code = a.language LEFT JOIN `qhulb_users` AS u ON u.id = a.checked_out LEFT JOIN `qhulb_extensions` AS c ON c.extension_id = a.component_id LEFT JOIN qhulb_viewlevels AS ag ON ag.id = a.access LEFT JOIN qhulb_extensions AS e ON e.extension_id = a.component_id WHERE a.id > 1 AND a.client_id = 0 AND (a.published IN (0, 1)) AND a.menutype = 'mainmenu' ORDER BY a.lft asc

I am a Beginner and this is my first website. I have tried to go to tutorials, forums… but cannot find the solution for this time.

Is someone can help me please??

Thank you very much for your collaboration and for your support ;)

Benoit

[Mod Note: Your duplicate topics have been merged. Do not simply multiple post your issues. Suggest you reread the Forum Rules - after all you agreed to abide to them when you joined the forum! Duplicate posts deleted]

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Error 500 Joomla

Post by humvee » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:51 pm

[Mod note: Moved from 2.5 General Forum to 3.0 Upgrading Forum;]
To help you, in the future, find the correct forum for your topic please read the Which forum to post your question that I have put together.

Whatever else you do and certainly BEFORE making any other changes to the situation is to create a backup of the site and database in its current form.

Well there is no direct solution to the issue unless you have a backup to your site and database as is the recommended practice before making any major changes to your site such as updating, installing new extensions, or making any changes to the core files or database (core file editing is not recommended).

You might be able to rescue some of your site if you manually turn off (disable) all third party extensions which you will have to do in the phpMyAdmin for the database if you do not have access to the backend administrator. This includes third party templates which you will have to disable and enable one of the core Joomla templates instead.
There is still no guarantee that this will be sufficient.

Did you manually upgrade to 3.0.x from the Extension Manager or had you changed the settings in the Joomla Update component's Options panel?

Does your server meet the minimum technical requirements for Joomla 3.0? If not then none of the foregoing is worth doing as it will not make a jot of difference.

The only other option is to work out precisely what has been changed within the Joomla database structure and try and reverse this, but this really is only suitable for people with the appropriate MySQL knowledge.

Whatever else you do and certainly BEFORE making any other changes to the situation is to create a backup of the site and database in its current form.

I would also recommend experimenting on the correction of all the issues on a localhost server with the same Apache MySQL and PHP versions as the remote host.

Nick Savov
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Error 500 Joomla

Post by Nick Savov » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:52 am

Hi and welcome to Joomla, podb! Glad to have you here :)

First, please be sure to check out the Joomla 3 FAQ:
http://community.joomla.org/blogs/commu ... 0-faq.html

Is this a live site or a test site? Either way, if you're in the exact same situation as when you first posted your question, you should make a backup of all your files and database, then download the following package:
http://joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsre ... ackage.zip

and unzip it in your Joomla root. The above package will upgrade your site to Joomla 3.0.2 which is the latest stable version of Joomla 3. Please be sure to always get the latest version and also to never use a beta for a live site.

Give us an update when you have some time.

Kind regards,
Nick
Joomla Templates created by the Wright Framework.

"God is most glorified in us, when we are most satisfied in Him" - http://www.desiringgod.org/

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”