Can not HIDE the word "Subcategories"

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 3.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
nice2odie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Can not HIDE the word "Subcategories"

Post by nice2odie » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:34 am

In Global Configuration, I have set the "Display Subcategories" to HIDE but yet it STILL DISPLAYS.

This text screen capture is one example:

Subcategories
  • Post Production
    Videography
Both "Post Production" and "Videography" are categories, which is fine. But I do NOT want the word "Subcategories" showing. In Global Configuration, I have this set to HIDE everywhere I've looked. I must have missed one ..where?

Thank you.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Can not HIDE the word "Subcategories"

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:16 am

Check the same Option on the Menu Item.

nice2odie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nice2odie » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:15 pm

I'm now attached TWO screenshots to illustrate the issue. I can fix this by editing the en-GB.ini file and clearing out the text from between the quote marks BUT I do NOT want to have to do that because the Global Configuration has an option to control that ...but the templates are NOT respecting that. So, the bug that was in prior versions (3.02, and 2.50) is back.

The first shot shows the word "Subcategories" on the web page. That's the word I do NOT want displayed.
subcats.png
This screen shot shows the Global Configuration -> Article Component -> Category tab
subcats-options.png
To temporally fix this, I needed to edit the file in language\en-GB\en-GB.ini in this line:
JGLOBAL_SUBCATEGORIES="Subcategories"

I change that to
JGLOBAL_SUBCATEGORIES=""

Then that words disappears from the web page.

I thought that was supposed to happen with that option switch to HIDE it.

jp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:50 pm

Yes it will turn off that heading, but it depends on if the Menu Item is set to use Global Options or set directly in the Menu Item. So check the Menu item first.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 3.x”