Advertisement

Web hosting service whose support includes Joomla?

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
stevenjs
I've been banned!

Web hosting service whose support includes Joomla?

Post by stevenjs » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:51 pm

Greetings,

Can anyone recommend a truly customer service friendly and reliable web hosting company whose support staff will deal with Joomla setup issues specifically?

We have to move our Joomla site to another web service provider and have already tried to do so to no avail. It seems there are certain cryptic and unfathomable adjustments which have to be made for the Joomla admin to work on the new server/web host. I have tried to use this forum to resolve those 'adjustments' to no avail [ http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=622&t=856424 ].

I need a web host that speaks Joomla and can smooth over any and all transition problems.

Does such a web hosting company exist?

Anyone?

Advertisement
xfsgpr
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Web hosting service whose support includes Joomla?

Post by xfsgpr » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:05 pm

I use Bluehost but I got a special deal from them so my opinion doesn't matter. Also, I don't normally rely on Customer Support because all they will do is read from their scripts .

Joomla has recently partnered with Siteground and so they should be very friendly and helpful. Another option is to use CloudAccess.net and again Joomla was using them for their demo sites but soon to move to Siteground or perhaps use both because of high demand for Joomla.

It all depends on what's your budget like. If you have "bottomless pit" then anybody will bend backwards and help you to get your business.

stevenjs
I've been banned!

Post by stevenjs » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:59 am

Thank you, xfsgpr, I will look into Siteground. But I have not found that money matters. If GoDaddy had a pricey option for Joomla support, I'd pay for it in a heartbeat, but 99.9999% of the hosting out there won't touch it for love or money. I can't even find a 'freelancer' to troubleshoot my transition problem. If I could I'd come out ahead in the long run with a cheapo host like GoDaddy.

So, there are two web hosting services that are 'Joomla-friendly' in the whole wide world?? Any other hosting services out there, anyone?

xfsgpr
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by xfsgpr » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:38 pm

These people have done a comparison of different webhosts based on price:

http://www.dependablereviews.com/

These are reviews so always take them with a pinch of salt. They are never independent IMHO. They write for people who advertises with them.

stevenjs
I've been banned!

Post by stevenjs » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:47 pm

Thanks, xfsgpr, but since I am only interested in those hosts whose customer service is willing and able to address Joomla site issues, and since apparently there are only two such in the universe, Siteground and CloudAccess.net, such comparisons are of no interest to me.

I find this lack of Joomla support among web hosting services, as well as lack of support on this forum regarding site migration issues from one host to another, truly disturbing. I am beginning to regret our decision to go with Joomla.

Again, I appeal to anyone out there, are there no other hosting services which support customers' Joomla specific issues?

xfsgpr
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by xfsgpr » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:01 pm

I find this lack of Joomla support among web hosting services, as well as lack of support on this forum regarding site migration issues from one host to another, truly disturbing. I am beginning to regret our decision to go with Joomla.
I can't say much about web hosting services because they are running a business of making money by doing as little as possible. It is like Trade Union members who wants more money for doing less.

As to these forums, we are all here volunteers and posting solutions in our own time without any pay what so ever. Much of the official support you get is via the Joomla official documents bt the at the end of the day it is all down to the users to make effort to make things work for them. These forums aren't as bad as you think because solutions are available but it takes time.

xfsgpr
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by xfsgpr » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:08 pm

If you hve any specific problems then please start a new thread and let's try to solve it once and for all. Migrations isn't a problem these days as people know more about Joomla databases and php these days then they used to about 12 months ago!! (speaking for myself here :) .

stevenjs
I've been banned!

Post by stevenjs » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:14 am

Well, that is part of the problem. I do not know anything about Joomla databases or php. And I am not any kind of 'web master' or tech master of anything. I have some front end web design experience and that is pretty much it. That is why I went with Joomla CMS in the first place, like most Joomla users I imagine. I thought I was brilliant for successfully using the Akeeba tool to migrate the site. I did not imagine what a can of worms would be waiting for me once that was done.

I found this 'Forum Post Assistant' tool which I have run and I will post that under a new topic, which begins all over again at the beginning, which post title will include the error message I now get:

Database connection error (2): Could not connect to MySQL.

Advertisement

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”