Joomla Language override search not working in 5.1

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
barkingmoonbat
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla Language override search not working in 5.1

Post by barkingmoonbat » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:39 pm

I tested by typing in"Joomla Shop" in the search and it is returning no matching texts found. Please see attached screenshot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Joomla Language override search not working in 5.1

Post by imanickam » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:34 pm

What are you trying to search for? From what you have mentioned, you want to search for the text string "Joomla Shop".

In case if you are looking for text strings such as "Contribute!" or "Books!" or "Shop!" then be informed that they are part of the modules of the type Banner. These text strings are not language strings. So, you cannot find them.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

barkingmoonbat
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by barkingmoonbat » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:39 pm

I was using your post to test my system http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=706&t=757509
I was trying to figure out why in jevents I could not override the word "location" I came accross your post and used as test on the system. What I neglected to put in was the ! between joomla and shop. Language overrides work fine. Thank you for replying. Regarding the jevents do you have any idea why the word location or contact on the event input form will not override?

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:48 pm

I would suggest looking into the language files of the extension(s) jEvent. The admin language files are located in the directory \administrator\language\en-GB and the site language files are located in the directory \language\en-GB.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

barkingmoonbat
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by barkingmoonbat » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:07 pm

Thank you that is a perfect work around until I can figure out why the overrides are not taking. I'll post the override issue on jevents and will post back here with any results. Thanks you again

Return to “Language - Joomla! 3.x”