What are the best Joomla templates?

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
abdulabk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Best Joomla Templates

Post by abdulabk » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:38 pm

Hello Everyone,

Please which site has the best joomla template designs and easy to customise templates

H13
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Best Joomla Templates

Post by H13 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:22 pm

Hi,

I think, this is matter of taste - both topics - best design and easy customization - it is very subjective, just try to compare different templates in some comparison site:
e.g. here: http://www.joomla24.com/option,com_gall ... mid,6.html

Jan
- Phoca Gallery - powerful image gallery - http://www.phoca.cz/phocagallery/
- Phoca Restaurant Menu - http://www.phoca.cz/restaurantmenudemo/
- Phoca Cart - e-commerce platform for Joomla!
- Phoca Download - download manager for Joomla!

abdulabk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by abdulabk » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:12 pm

Thank you H13

inchickz31
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by inchickz31 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:01 am

With such a huge selection of websites selling Joomla Templates you can't help but feel spoilt for choice. However, many of these sites are selling over-priced, bad quality templates.

sea2709
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sea2709 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:55 am

Hi,

From the developer perspective, I feel very pleased with YooTheme template. According to me, the Warp Framework with UIKit included is very good, but you need technical skills to understand how this framework works

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:17 pm

oleg_80 wrote:Hi, easy installation of any Joomla Template 3 Online http://. com
sorry.. this is a major fail
License and Ownership

All products are Nastarts property. You may not resell our templates packages and expansion. Each license entitles you to use the product on the one site.
and are so expensive....even the free one costs
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

runbch
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by runbch » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:21 pm

I like rockettheme for paid templates. For free templates, it really is hit and miss and I would go on joomla24 and find one that works for you.

kayeshandra85
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kayeshandra85 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:34 pm

runbch wrote:I like rockettheme for paid templates. For free templates, it really is hit and miss and I would go on joomla24 and find one that works for you.
I won't take chances on free templates in my opinion. Anyway, you could check out theme forest.

Femmetreysie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Femmetreysie » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:45 pm

I usually read web designer blogs such as this one:

http://www.designrazzi.net/joomla-templates.html

I hope you find it helpful.

gemlockeheart
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gemlockeheart » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:20 pm

Femmetreysie wrote:I usually read web designer blogs such as this one:

http://www.designrazzi.net/joomla-templates.html

I hope you find it helpful.
Thumbs up! It definitely has a lot of premium templates you'll surely like.

melissajochem76
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by melissajochem76 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:37 pm

runbch wrote:I like rockettheme for paid templates. For free templates, it really is hit and miss and I would go on joomla24 and find one that works for you.
I agree with this. Try Rockettheme :)

iceeklingerie
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

What are the best Joomla templates?

Post by iceeklingerie » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:14 am

I am trying to find out which Joomla templates are the best.

pintobuck
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: What are the best Joomla templates?

Post by pintobuck » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:39 am

I'm just returning to Joomla after having been away since Joomla 1.x. I too need to evaluate templates, and I don't claim any authoritative knowledge. There are some relatively simple templates, such as the two default site templates that come with Joomla. However, there are maybe 20+ template clubs, which have developed their own framework (their own generalized method) for design, layout, and functionality which they use to build more specific themed templates. These clubs usually offer a few free templates, but charge a fee to download their more elaborately themed templates. Thus, templates have become a complex issue requiring its own knowledge and expertise to take advantage of the greatly enhanced features of the newer templates. My plan is to review some of the template clubs and their template frameworks, and use that to base a decision on which template framework to use. Then, I can use it to build one of my own themes, or use one of theirs. You might begin your research by Googling"Joomla template clubs". I would appreciate any suggestions from this forum's readers or moderators as to the better template clubs and template frameworks to consider.

AlexVega
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by AlexVega » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:01 am

Hi there,

Welcome to the Forum, This also depends on your site/project requierements and
in some cases, the support for certain extensions.

Please check many of the templates and providers that the community has shared
in this post: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... +templates

Cheers.

pintobuck
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by pintobuck » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:37 pm

AlexVega wrote:Please check many of the templates and providers that the community has shared in this post:
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... +templates
That thread was very helpful. Thank you. Based on what looks like the greatest number of positive comments, I will start my first trial with the RocketTheme / Gantry framework.

pintobuck
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by pintobuck » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:02 pm

I checked out RocketTheme Gantry framework. It looks very flexible with a lot of good features, however there is a problem at this time. Gantry 4 is being discontinued, although it is still supported by RocketTheme. Gantry 5 is their new framework and it is not backwardly compatible with Gantry 4. Gantry 5 still has some bugs, so you should not install it on your main website. When I installed Gantry 5, it broke all the other templates and produced error codes on the home page no matter which other template I used, even on Protostar and Beez3. Uninstalling Gantry 5 did not fix the problems of error codes on the other, non-Gantry templates. When I did use Gantry 5, their Hydrogen template took over my home page, and no other template would even load. I installed a completely new installation of Joomla 3.51 and Gantry 5, but the Gantry 5 Hydrogen template produced the same problems again. I informed RocketTheme support.

pintobuck
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by pintobuck » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:47 pm

AlexVega wrote:Please check many of the templates and providers that the community has shared
in this post: viewtopic.php?f=713&t=782462&hilit=free+joomla+templates
Next, I checked out JoomlaShack's Wright framework, which appeared to receive the second greatest number of positive comments. Again, I'm pretty new to this and claim no authoritative knowledge. The Wright framework seems very similar to Gantry, but Wright seems to require the user to have a little more knowledge about coding. Basically, they both intend to have a lightweight version of Dreamweaver, but they are designed to manipulate and build templates inside of Joomla. In essence, they attempt provide the user with a web page form, which will allow the user to change, manipulate, and customize all the features of a template without having to write code (unless they want to). Even if you do not need to write code, the Wright framework seems to expect the user to have some understanding of code. Therefore, Gantry 4 seems a little more novice friendly. Once Gantry 5 gets the bugs worked out, it appears to be the preferable solution for a user that does not want to deal with any code at all, so it might be worth waiting for.

A nice thing about the Wright framework is that it is backwardly compatible from Joomla 3.5 all the way back to Joomla 1.0. On the other side of the coin, Gantry 5 abandoned backward compatibility and made a fresh start so that Gantry 5 would not be bloated with a lot of legacy code. (Note that I'm not implying that the Wright framework is bloated because of its backward compatibility.)

Overall, I would choose RocketTheme Gantry 4 now, and then move to Gantry 5 when the bugs are worked out.

Both RocketTheme and JoomlaShack offer some free templates. Also, 4,000 templates are shown at Joomla24.com. It's a catalogue site that shows thumbnail images and links to the templates. There are several other similar sites with many templates.

pintobuck
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by pintobuck » Tue May 10, 2016 9:15 pm

I think I figured out what RocketTheme is doing with Gantry 5. Their target market is not particularly the owner/administrator of one or two websites. Gantry 5 appears to be targeted towards people that build and sell templates across multiple plateforms, e.g. Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal, PHP-Fusion, ect. The big advantage of Gantry 5 is that you can build one template with many features that can be used on several different platforms, which increases the sales of a single template. Gantry 5's particles and atoms roughly correspond to Joomla's modules and plugins, except that Gantry 5's particles and atoms can easily be adapted to work on multiple platforms.

One possible answer to "What are the best Joomla templates?"

Anyone who asks that question is probably relatively new to Joomla, because they did not include any requirements or specifications in their question. So, my answer is directed towards that audience.

I humbly submit that the winner is JoomlArt's Simpli template, which can be downloaded here:
https://www.joomlart.com/joomla/templates/ja-simpli
It's free to join and download. Click on "Get it now" to download.

JoomlArt describes the Simpli template as follows:
JA Simpli has been developed with the Joomla default templates in mind. We have tried to add the features that are missing from the default Joomla templates. No frameworks, default Joomla Bootstrap version but with tons of features and no coding skills required. , JA Simpli is perfect starter Joomla template that should meet all your requirements: from a simple to complex Joomla projects, personal blog to professional business portfolio site. The template layout is super flexible to adapt for any purpose with ease. With 4 premade Home variants, you have more choices to start with.

Why Simpli? Well structured, lightweight, no framework, clean code, powerful theme customizer and layout manager. On top of that enhanced compatibility with 3rd party extensions. Already tested for Stackideas Joomla Extensions such as EasyBlog, EasySocial, EasyDiscuss and Komento.
When I installed the Simpli (beta) template by itself on a new Joomla 3.51 website, the Simpli template was almost blank and nothing like the above description. However, when I let the Simpli quick start launcher install a new Joomla 3.51 website, then the Simpli template was also installed and it appears to be everything JoomlArt said it is. The Simpli launcher file is ja_simpli_j3x.zip

Disclaimer: I'm not associated with JoomlArt in any way.
Last edited by pintobuck on Thu May 12, 2016 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catchnames
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Best free template for Community Website

Post by catchnames » Wed May 11, 2016 9:04 am

Can someone suggest a free Joomla template for a community website. Extensions that I would be interested are forum, business directory, classified, news, calendar and web links.But first I need to finalize template.Thank you

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Best free template for Community Website

Post by AMurray » Wed May 11, 2016 9:18 am

Doing a search in Google would find millions of these......suggest searching for "free Joomla 3 web templates" and go through a few sites and their template demos. Sorry I can't recomend/suggest any specifically except maybe the included template Protostar, you could try that to start with.

It may involve a bit of work to get Protostar working like you want, but might fine for your purpose, and I'm sure forum, classifieds, calendar, news and directories etc you mention would work OK with it.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

pintobuck
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Best free template for Community Website

Post by pintobuck » Wed May 11, 2016 4:21 pm

catchnames wrote:Can someone suggest a free Joomla template for a community website. Extensions that I would be interested are forum, business directory, classified, news, calendar and web links.But first I need to finalize template.Thank you
Suggestion: I would go to the websites of three template providers, for example JoomlArt.com, Rockettheme.com, and JoomlaShack.com. Use their search function to narrow down the number of templates that you want to consider. Choose a couple of template candidates. Ask your presale questions. Then, buy a membership for about $50, which typically entitles you to download and try any of their templates, keep one template for your website, and get 3 months support.

semnaveen
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by semnaveen » Fri May 13, 2016 8:34 pm

There are lots of free and premium Joomla clubs like template monster, Joomshaper, themexpert, gavik and much more. You can find amazing template from there.

[ removed self promotion ]
Last edited by toivo on Fri May 13, 2016 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: self promotion removed
We released another Free Joomla Template!! Check it out
Download Free Joomla Templates ► https://www.joomdev.com/products/templates
Free Internet Marketing and Tech Tricks: http://www.f5therefresh.com

pintobuck
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by pintobuck » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:32 pm

This post deleted by author.

thanhthuy150288
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by thanhthuy150288 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:25 am

Can someone suggest a free Joomla template for a community website. Extensions that I would be interested are forum, business directory, classified, news, calendar and web links

gueenguarsmoza
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by gueenguarsmoza » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:58 pm

jony_zencon wrote:what is the best joomla template for newspaper?
http://themeforest.net/category/cms-the ... -editorial

Templatemesh
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Templatemesh » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:28 am

If you like helix framework Joomla templates then browse on google some of best collection like best helix 3 Joomla templates or Best helix 2 Joomla templates

maloupeters
I've been banned!

Post by maloupeters » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:47 am

Looks like a couple of great themes

pintobuck
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by pintobuck » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:08 pm

pintobuck wrote: Overall, I would choose RocketTheme Gantry 4 now, and then move to Gantry 5 when the bugs are worked out.
I am a template beginner's beginner. I have been working with Gantry 5 for about 6 weeks, and I no longer think that Gantry 5 has any significant bugs. I chose Gantry 5 because my research indicated that Gantry 5 would be the most beginner friendly template system. For other beginners, you can see my thread here: Responsive template building in Gantry 5 for a beginner

sozzled
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

A general comment about "What is the best xxxx for Joomla" topics

Post by sozzled » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:24 pm

A little off-topic, perhaps, but I struggle with questions posted on the several forums that I visit each day that have subjects with words like "What is the best xxxx product?" Most of these forum topics usually end up going one of two ways, either:

a) they degenerate into a partisan debate about product A or product B; or
b) they become a target for advertisers or spam-merchants.

Returning to the substance of this topic, however, I think the answer was neatly summed-up about two years ago:
H13 wrote:I think, this is matter of taste - both topics - best design and easy customization - it is very subjective.
And that's really the answer.

Google is wonderful for doing the research. Perhaps people should use Google more and rely less on the various opinions that one finds in discussion forums? 8)
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

fraka
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Where to Download Responsive Professional Joomla Templates

Post by fraka » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:09 am

I want to create new website and need a professional joomla 3 template. I need a FREE template which is responsive, with some fluid features.

If anyone knows where to download such professional templates like on this link http://demo.astemplates.com/joomla-templates/002085/

Or if anyone has a professional template, please share with. Thanks.

I appreciate for help.
Last edited by imanickam on Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Per the Forum Rules, changed the case of the Subject/Title that was in ALL UPPERCASE to Mixed Case. Please do not repeat this in the future.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”