OSMap is broken

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
whitetigeritaly
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

OSMap is broken

Post by whitetigeritaly » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:02 am

With the updates to version 4.0.x OSMap is broken.
Neither XLM neither HTML.

I've get this error in backend and frontend.
Fatal error: Class 'Alledia\OSMap\Plugin\Base' not found in (domain folders)/plugins/osmap/joomla/joomla.php on line 28

I've installed also 4.0.3 and then 3.4.1, without success.

Thanks in advance for any help

NickC4555
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: OSMap is broken

Post by NickC4555 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:22 am

It's working for me on a J3.5.1 site. I would try to manually remove the component and install it from scratch.

whitetigeritaly
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by whitetigeritaly » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:46 am

Is there a manner to save the configuration before to remove it?

whitetigeritaly
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by whitetigeritaly » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:59 am

However I note other two problems.

The link XML and HTML are:
http://sommaruga.org/eolo//eolo/adminis ... onent&id=5
Joomla is in the subfolder "/eolo" and now (OS Map 4.0.3) this is replicated in the url (/eolo//eolo)

Then, in the menu management, everything is badly paginated.
(Could this be another symptom that something is wrong)
OSMap.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by sozzled » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:59 am

whitetigeritaly wrote:Is there a manner to save the configuration before to remove it?
I've used OSMap; it's pretty easy. It takes less than 5 minutes to install it and it pretty much "configures" itself for you. Yes, I guess there's a way to save the "configuration" and it may take you about an hour or so to save it and, then, after uninistalling and re-installing the component, to restore it. And for all that hard work you may be no better off than you are now.

It may take several days before an expert on OSMap can provide you with a step-by-step procedure to save the configuration. I really don't know.

This topic started yesterday. A suggestion was made yesterday to help you. The suggestion was to uninstall and then re-install the component. This would probably take you about 5 minutes.

On the other hand, we have no idea how complicated your configuation is (or why it's so complicated and worth the effort of saving it). So, the solution is entirely in your hands.
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

NickC4555
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by NickC4555 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:13 am

I think the safest way is to fully remove then reconfigure it. There aren't many settings anyway, it won't take long. Use the Extensions -> Manage option first, then check that all of the files have been removed in the components, modules plugin folders and finally all of the associated database tables. You need to remove all OSMap and Alledia Framework items.

4.0.3 does work with J3.5.1, so if it still doesn't it is probably a conflict with another extension.

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by sozzled » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:17 am

@NickC4555: agreed. Probably the easiest way to "save" the configuration is to write down the half-dozen settings on a piece of paper with a pen or, if you're feeling the need to use technology, make a screen shot of them ;)
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

whitetigeritaly
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by whitetigeritaly » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:20 am

I've removed OSMap and then I've installed again from Joomla (Tab "Install from web").

This is result:
  • There is no longer the page for the description, only the selection of the menu.
  • The subfolder is still duplicated, so the link of sitemap is wrong.
My message is dated yesterday because yesterday was born the problem with the last update.
The site is running from months and now the sitemap does not go.

I wanted to save the configuration because I had removed many duplicate links, but obviously the biggest problem was to no longer have the sitemap.

Now, without a hotfix, the only thing I can do is generate the sitemap in another way.

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by sozzled » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:26 am

The "install from web" method is not always 100% reliable. Sometimes it's better to download the entire installation kit from the developer and install by uploading the package.

One thing that has me very curious. Did you say you were using J! 3.4.1? (Not J! 3.5.1)

whitetigeritaly
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by whitetigeritaly » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:28 am

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by sozzled » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:33 am

In that case, obtain the latest copy of OSMap from the developer's website; copy it to your PC and then install the new version in the "normal" manner. As NickC4555 wrote, make sure you have uninstalled all the associated plugins that came with OSMap—from memory there are seven, I think—and then perform the installation again. Sometimes you just have to persevere. As far as I'm concerned, like NickC4555, I'm using OSMap 4.0.3 on J! 3.5.1 and I'm having no problems with it.

EDIT: I don't understand what you mean by "the subfolder is still duplicated." Which "subfolder" is that?

whitetigeritaly
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by whitetigeritaly » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:42 am

Removed and installed from PC. Same result.

* No Description
* Folder duplicated and URL sitemap wrong

Another thing: there is only the plugin for the Joomla Content. There are no longer plugins for Kunena, news, etc.

@sozzled: please, look at my previous message.
Joomla is installed in domain/subfolder, so the Sitemap URL must be domain/subfolder/xxx
Instead is domain/subfolder//subfolder/xxx

Do you have any other extension for sitemap to suggest me?
Or any web engine where I can remove the duplicates easily

whitetigeritaly
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by whitetigeritaly » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:48 am

Bye friends. Wife calling me for last time. ;)
I will read your answers later.
Meanwhile, thank you for the help

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by sozzled » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:50 am

Oh the "/" character—the slash-mark or solidus—is duplicated? Is that what you meant?

I will have to think about your question. I don't think I've ever had those kinds of problems before.

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by sozzled » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:32 pm

In connection with the "//" new problem: have you made any setting changes to the System - SEF plugin? (The value of Site Domain in this plugin is initially empty.)

I still do not know why you are having problems in re-installing OSMap, sorry.

whitetigeritaly
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by whitetigeritaly » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:32 am

I've only update OSMap.
However:
  • it has not been duplicated only "/" but the whole initial part of the URL. from "/eolo" to "/eolo//eolo"
  • it only changed the URL generated by OSMap. All other URLs are correct, so it is not a problem with .htaccess, but only referring to OSMap
Now I investigate whether there have been other changes, but surely not about the configuration that I have not changed for months.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”