Error updating from Joomla 3.6.4 to joomla 3.7

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
fa_ge_bu
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Error updating from Joomla 3.6.4 to joomla 3.7

Post by fa_ge_bu » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:14 pm

Hi,
I clicked the update button in Joomla Admin.
The upgrade stopped at about 13%.
There was a warning of an ajax problem.
After one hour the screen was the same.
I clicked F5 to refresh the screen and I got the following message and I was unable to access the admin part of the site.

Warning: strstr() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in /web/htdocs/www.NOME_SITO/home/libraries/joomla/cache/controller/callback.php on line 63 Warning: strstr() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in /web/htdocs/www.NOME_SITO/home/libraries/joomla/cache/controller/callback.php on line 69 Fatal error: Call to undefined method JApplicationAdministrator::isClient() in /web/htdocs/www.NOME_SITO/home/administrator/components/com_login/models/login.php on line 148

Has someone an idea on how to fix this?

Thanks

wilsonge
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Error updating from Joomla 3.6.4 to joomla 3.7

Post by wilsonge » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:00 pm

It looks like your update has stopped half way through. The best option if you have a backup before you upgraded is to revert to the backup.

If you don't have a backup then best thing to do is to force through the rest of the upgrade.

1. Unzip the contents of Joomla 3.7.0 Upgrade Package https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/re ... ackage.zip into your sites root

2. Manually run the SQL Updates (the database fixer will upgrade the file structure). You will also need to discover install the new extensions we've added in 3.7. Hopefully that will be enough to get you up and running.

Any issues after that post here and we can work through them

Kind Regards,
George

jklaphake
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jklaphake » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:14 am

I have tried to update Joomla! from version 3.6.5 to 3.7.0, and also a fresh install when that produced the same error. It appears the install or update does not complete properly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vinc006
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by vinc006 » Mon May 01, 2017 2:16 pm

Hello
same problem here, I could not see why the installation stopped, but it stopped around 26%, I am unable to access the admin and the error messages are the same as above, cache and login.php.. Yet these files are the same as the one i have in my backup, the date did not change, I do not see any line changed... the front end works, but i can not restore the JPA with the previous version of the site before the partial update so far, (unclear why at this time)... thus stuck. Any idea to try to get to the administration page ? It looks going by ftp to the site, no files have been changed, nothing has been updated to the 3.7 version, I looked in many directories, no date changes on the files... suggestions welcome !!! many thanks

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Mon May 01, 2017 3:03 pm

@jklaphake

Looking at your screen shot. The ini parser is disabled on your server.

aerotaxi
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by aerotaxi » Wed May 03, 2017 4:04 pm

wilsonge wrote:It looks like your update has stopped half way through. The best option if you have a backup before you upgraded is to revert to the backup.

If you don't have a backup then best thing to do is to force through the rest of the upgrade.

1. Unzip the contents of Joomla 3.7.0 Upgrade Package https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/re ... ackage.zip into your sites root

2. Manually run the SQL Updates (the database fixer will upgrade the file structure). You will also need to discover install the new extensions we've added in 3.7. Hopefully that will be enough to get you up and running.

Any issues after that post here and we can work through them

Kind Regards,
George
I had exact the same problem, unpacked the 3.7.0 as you suggested (nobackup) and uploaded it to the servermap siteapps/joomla - 385950/ about 5500 files where put on the server on that location, but still the same problem occurs. I am not a wizzkid, do I have to re-install joomla again and rebuild my entire website. aerotaxi.nl. I hope you can help me before I pull the plug. I am desperate.
Thanks in advance

aerotaxi
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by aerotaxi » Wed May 03, 2017 4:07 pm

my email by the way peter@aerotaxi.nl

starrwriter01
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by starrwriter01 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:33 pm

Hello, I am having the same issue. I have been unable to edit my site for a week.I have the files unzipped to where I think my root lives, but I am not sure what to do from there. Since I don't do this regularly, the more detail and hand-holding you can offer would be very much appreciated.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”