Top admin menu duplicated after upgrading to 3.7

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
guilhermecouto
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Top admin menu duplicated after upgrading to 3.7

Post by guilhermecouto » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:29 pm

Hi all,

After upgrading my website from 3.6.5 to 3.7, the top admin menu got totaly duplicated. Besides, the title of some custom components developed for this site got messed.

I believe that the titles are messed because I have to change the way that they are presented (based on last guidelines), but the duplication of top menu is too weird.

Any clues about it?

jgress-
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Top admin menu duplicated after upgrading to 3.7

Post by jgress- » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:09 pm

Co-author Using Joomla, Second Edition (migration/upgrade included) http://www.usingjoomlabook.com
Find a Joomla User Group (JUG) near you http://community.joomla.org/user-groups.html

guilhermecouto
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by guilhermecouto » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:29 pm

I saw that answer. But there's just one module for Admin Menu. So, the problem still exists.

jgress-
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by jgress- » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:38 pm

Darnit. I didn't realise you had posted in there too. Apologies. At least you are also watching that space in case something comes up for it. I tried to see if there were any settings in the menu module for administrator menu and didn't see anything that might make it not show twice. You did try Extensions -> Manage -> Database and click fix already right? It's worth a shot even if it doesn't do anything.

I also saw in the comments of https://www.joomlashack.com/blog/tutori ... 4dd9a1eff8 that someone had the same issue with a duplicate administrator menu...but it looks like it occurred only after they tried adding a new administrator menu.
Co-author Using Joomla, Second Edition (migration/upgrade included) http://www.usingjoomlabook.com
Find a Joomla User Group (JUG) near you http://community.joomla.org/user-groups.html

guilhermecouto
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by guilhermecouto » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:30 am

jgress- wrote:Darnit. I didn't realise you had posted in there too. Apologies. At least you are also watching that space in case something comes up for it. I tried to see if there were any settings in the menu module for administrator menu and didn't see anything that might make it not show twice. You did try Extensions -> Manage -> Database and click fix already right? It's worth a shot even if it doesn't do anything.

I also saw in the comments of https://www.joomlashack.com/blog/tutori ... 4dd9a1eff8 that someone had the same issue with a duplicate administrator menu...but it looks like it occurred only after they tried adding a new administrator menu.
I used the DB cleanup and still the same. I'm getting really wooried about this problem.

guilhermecouto
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by guilhermecouto » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:32 am

jgress- wrote:Darnit. I didn't realise you had posted in there too. Apologies. At least you are also watching that space in case something comes up for it. I tried to see if there were any settings in the menu module for administrator menu and didn't see anything that might make it not show twice. You did try Extensions -> Manage -> Database and click fix already right? It's worth a shot even if it doesn't do anything.

I used the DB cleanup and still the same. I'm getting really worried about this problem.

bocatatun
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bocatatun » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:17 pm

Same here, I tried to unpublish/publish, clean cache, create a new admin menu, database fix... the problem still there.

bocatatun
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bocatatun » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:25 am

bocatatun wrote:Same here, I tried to unpublish/publish, clean cache, create a new admin menu, database fix... the problem still there.

Solution:

- Go to menu -> administrator
- Create a new administrator menu, without items
- Go to modules -> administrator
- Delete of modificate "administration menu"
- position -> menu
- menu to show - > "Your new menu"
- check menu -> NO
- Save

themick4u
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by themick4u » Mon May 08, 2017 5:15 pm

Creating a new "admin menu" as difficultly described in previous response forces me to run in "recovery menu mode" and within that mode shows the admin toolbar only once across the top. Once I change the "menu to show" option to use "system default" the duplicates return again....

themick4u
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by themick4u » Mon May 08, 2017 5:18 pm

Update: I managed to get rid of the error telling me to use "recovery menu mode" by changing the "Check Menu" option within the new module I created "Admin Menu" to NO.

d0ugal
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by d0ugal » Mon May 29, 2017 10:47 pm

I too have ended up with a duplicated top admin menu after 3.6.5 to 3.7.0 upgrade, although I note that the *first* menu includes the new 3.7.0 fields menu items under Users and Content, while the *second* does not... hence I think I'm stuck with it. I created a second admin menu and module to replace the *native* one, but this didn't have the new fields menu items either, and also didn't contain Menu Manager, Module Manager or Components Container - changing 'Check menu' to 'No' disabled the system message about the missing managers/container, but while the end result was tidy it left me with an incomplete admin menu - I have reverted to the duplicated admin menu, retaining function over form.
As an FYI, my other Joomla sites upgraded with no issues, the one I'm referring to here was the only one also running Admin Menu Manager (I had a couple of missing component menu items which I revived with that extension). My personal feeling is that the duplicate menu issue *may* arise when you upgrade a site to 3.7.0 that already has customizations to the admin menu setup.

d0ugal
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by d0ugal » Tue May 30, 2017 9:04 pm

Update: I just noticed the top administrator menu is fine when I set the Hathor administrator template as default, the 'duplicate menu' problem is only evident when the Isis template is active. Hmmm... I replaced Isis with the Wisadmin template ( http://www.joomlatema.net/download/free ... lates.html ) and my top administrator menu is back to normal. FYI, the online demo of Wisadmin (link at above URL) is also running J!3.7.2 (the latest J! version as I write) and also has some nice colour and font options :)

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”