Menu trashed and can not publish after 3.7.0 update

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
skullmonkey
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Menu trashed and can not publish after 3.7.0 update

Post by skullmonkey » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:58 am

I just update my site to 3.7.0 and some of the menus are trashed and cannot be published. Nor by clicking the Trash icon or editing the menu then setting the drop down menu to Published.
After saving I get 1 menu item successfully published. but the menu item is still trashed.

When I roll over with the mouse over the icon I can read Component disabled but its a standard Single article link.

Someone else having this issue?

Giro76
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Menu trashed and can not publish after 3.7.0 update

Post by Giro76 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:29 pm

I have a same problem, all the items in menu are disabled and its impossible to make them visible throught administration. So I go into the DB and make it visible manually. Then go to administration and now its working visible/disable items, but if I use this way, all the items go back to disabled. But this things happened only on the one instalation.

Datalynk
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Datalynk » Tue May 09, 2017 7:14 pm

Seeing the same issue here... I am using SP Update to try and update a J1.5 site to J3.
I am going to try again with an earlier version (Joomla 3.4).

swiftMessenger
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by swiftMessenger » Wed May 24, 2017 2:25 am

The same thing happened to me. I updated 2 sites to 3.7.1 - and subsequently to 3.7.2. One site had a large number of trashed menu items after the update and the other one did not. The trash icon for the menu items says "Component Disabled", even though it is not.

So far I do not seem to be able to do anything about it - though I have not tried editing the database directly yet (yuck). If anyone has a workaround until this bug is patched, please share!

Yuri Gergilenko
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Yuri Gergilenko » Tue May 30, 2017 1:25 pm

I have the same problem after updating from 3.5.0 to 3.7.2
Some menu items became trashed and cannot be published.

Anyone solved this?

mbittle2017
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mbittle2017 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:16 pm

I am having the same problem with 3.7.2. Has anyone identified why this problem is occurring, and what the solution might be? Fortunately I have only updated one site but if this bug is not fixed quickly, Joomla will cease to be an option.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:51 pm

The root menu item is not published. You cannot see it in menu manager, so you have to use phpmyadmin.

NeyBarbosa
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by NeyBarbosa » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:02 am

What to do when Joomla does not publish the menu items?

There is a ROOT menu item whose values were set to 0.

Talking to a partner, he gave me the idea of investigating the possibility of him being the cause of the problem.

I put it in published condition (from 0 to 1) and my problems are over!

ha5ao
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ha5ao » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:42 am

I have the same issue here. I regularly update the Joomla and this issue still egsist even if in the v 3.8.1. The php version is 7.0. I searched the forum, but I could not find any solution other then setting the flag -2 to 1 in the database. Anyone can explain why it happens and how to fix this issue? It is very annoying. Need a fix.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:29 am

The fix is to set the flag in the database. How it got wrong in your site, I don't know. Can be an extension that do not behave properly.

thungrac
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by thungrac » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:09 pm

I'm not familiar with code/ database. HOW do I fix this problem, please. I need details. Thank you!

sozzled
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by sozzled » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:23 pm

@thungrac: if you are "not familiar" with "code" or with how to manage a database then you have a problem. This is a self-help forum and the help we provide often requires a small amount of familiarity with website management tools such as phpMyAdmin—a tool that is use to modify database table records.

Depending on how important this problem is to you—only you can decide that—the solution may involve doing a lot of research (or waiting for some time for advice that is specific to you personal circumstances). Alternatively, there are thousands of prople who can provide assistance on a fee-for-service basis.

J! 3.7.0 is old (it's outdated and people have moved on past that time) and J! 3.8.2 is the current version of Joomla that people should be using if they want help from this forum. Simply asking for "details", by repurposing a topic that was created nearly eight months ago, is not the way to go about obtaining help when you have not provided any information that may assist people who might be in a position to help you. In other words, if you provide no information other than "I'm not familiar with x", then we have to ask 'What is it about x that you specifically need to know?" ???
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”