Purity III Front End Article Editing - Template Not Loading

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
bascherz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Purity III Front End Article Editing - Template Not Loading

Post by bascherz » Mon May 29, 2017 7:42 pm

Best I can figure, something is keeping the Purity III template from loading when editing articles in the site front end. It's not a permissions issue as it's happening for all user levels. It's not specific to one editor as it's happening regardless which editor I set as default. Using Firefox or Chrome to inspect the page elements, there's nothing in the head section and no sign the template was loaded. The editor page lacks all templating, such as the icon bar and buttons (including Cancel and Save). This is a very bizarre issue specific to Purity III.
purity3editingissue.png
I realize P3 isn't bundled with Joomla anymore, but I still really like the template overall and I retained it through the migration to 3.x. But this issue keeps coming back. It wasn't there to begin with. I realize it's probably an issue with the template itself, but I thought I'd try reaching out to the larger community as I am sure there's got to be at least one other developer who has seen this before.

Thanks in advance,
Bruce :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bruce Scherzinger

bascherz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Purity III Front End Article Editing - Template Not Loading

Post by bascherz » Tue May 30, 2017 12:51 am

Failed to include the error message emitted with the site in Development debug mode:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type ContentViewForm as array in /home/userid/public_html/mydomain.com/plugins/system/t3/base-bs3/html/layouts/joomla/edit/params.php on line 13
I'll be digging into this a bit more as it appears to be a problem with the T3 framework and not the template itself. I was looking in the wrong places.
t3bug.png

Bruce
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bruce Scherzinger

bascherz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by bascherz » Tue May 30, 2017 1:09 am

...And, here's the bug fix. New code came from a different params.php file that came with T3. Works like a champ. I'll send this to our friends at JoomlArt forthwith.
t3bugfix.png
Cheers,
Bruce
Bruce Scherzinger

Gerald-
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Gerald- » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:36 pm

I had the same problems since upgrading to T3 v2.6.5: Missing tabs in frontend editor or fatal errors pointing to the file /plugins/system/t3/base-bs3/html/layouts/joomla/edit/params.php. So I always rolled back to v2.6.4 which worked for me. Now I was tired of doing so and tried to find out what was happing. I think I found a permament solution:

I just upgraded to the most current T3 version 2.7.0, deleted the installation directory /plugins/system/t3 and replaced it (again) directly with the files of the installation package for version 2.7.0.

So why does that help? Because obviously for one way or the other some subdirectories where left over from previous installations that should not be there an came in the way with the editor.

When I upgraded to the current version I noticed that there are much more subdirectories in /plugins/system/t3/base-bs3/html/layouts/joomla than in the installation package, actually there is only one named "content". In the installation package there is for example no subdirectory "edit" where some other mentioned workarounds tried to modify the file params.php.

I always upgraded using JA Extensions Manager - either there was a fault there or this is a historical leftover (although files where quite recent dated September 2017). Anyway, a clean install of the most current T3 version (or the way I described) seems to fix the problem.

bascherz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by bascherz » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:30 pm

That would explain why it keeps reverting and blowing away my fix. I'll give this a try. Thanks!

Bruce
Bruce Scherzinger

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”