Issue with Joomla 3.8.0

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
chkjoom
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Issue with Joomla 3.8.0

Post by chkjoom » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:55 am

I install Joomla 3.8.0 but my website turn blank after installing joomla 3.8.0. It return a http error 500 when I login to joomla administrator page for my website.

Need some advise

Thanks

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Issue with Joomla 3.8.0

Post by AMurray » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:44 pm

Did you get any other errors.

On installation did the system-check "red-flag" any problems? Is this a clean install, not an update from previous version?

Can you please provide the FPA Report: and post the results to a reply.

You haven't given enough information. "Error 500" is a very generic error. (can you also quote the full wording of that error message?).

It may also help to turn on Error Reporting and/or Debug mode. Since you can't do that in Joomla, open your configuration.php file and change the following lines to what is indicated below:

Code: Select all

public $error_reporting = 'maximum';
public $debug = '1';
You may also have to turn on PHP error reporting in your php.ini file (ask your host for assistance with that).

You said this is only after you login, so that means you can see the administrator login screen; does the front-end of the site display without problems, or do you get the same Error 500?
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:53 pm

Is it a new Domain name ?
Did you install on a Host's temporary url while your Domain name is propagating ?
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results": Albert Einstein
Member of the CMS Release Team

chkjoom
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by chkjoom » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:06 pm

I have an earlier version of Joomla 3.7.5 . When I install Joomla 3.8.0 to upgrade from my earlier version of Joomla 3.7.5, I got an error page which is error 500 after the installation of Joomla 3.8.0 is completed.

As a result, I cant accept my administrator page as my error page is shown on my computer screen.

Please advise do I need to upgrade my PHP or what configuration should I do to avoid this?

Thanks

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”