hide custom fields in category blog

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
mauricio-1974
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

hide custom fields in category blog

Post by mauricio-1974 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:44 pm

How to hide custom fields in category blog, but still show them in the article page?
Thanks

starazure
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: hide custom fields in category blog

Post by starazure » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:12 am

mauricio-1974 wrote:How to hide custom fields in category blog, but still show them in the article page?
Thanks
All field displays are configured at the article level, category level, global level. They can be overridden at the menu level. For example if you want to override fields for a Category blog, simply use the options in the menu item.

For things that cannot be achieved using already available options, create a template override. There are plenty of google resources that show how to do this. Basically you can copy the php files from com_content as applicable and create overrides in your template.
Free fastest Joomla themes - https://starazure.com/joomla-templates

Free useful Joomla extensions - https://starazure.com/extensions

mauricio-1974
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: hide custom fields in category blog

Post by mauricio-1974 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:54 am

tijjk wrote:
mauricio-1974 wrote:How to hide custom fields in category blog, but still show them in the article page?
Thanks
All field displays are configured at the article level, category level, global level. They can be overridden at the menu level. For example if you want to override fields for a Category blog, simply use the options in the menu item.

For things that cannot be achieved using already available options, create a template override. There are plenty of google resources that show how to do this. Basically you can copy the php files from com_content as applicable and create overrides in your template.
Yes I know, but can't find any available admin configuration to show or hide custom fields in the category blog view!
I'm I blind, or this is the case where I should do an override?
Thanks

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”