Error - headers have already been sent by /plugins/system/slideshow/slideshow/index.php 1

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
wade4g
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Error - headers have already been sent by /plugins/system/slideshow/slideshow/index.php 1

Post by wade4g » Wed May 23, 2018 1:27 am

I have also experienced this error:

An error has occurred.

0 Failed to start the session because headers have already been sent by /plugins/system/slideshow/slideshow/index.php 1

i experienced this error the next day after installing a slideshow package from the joomla app store

I am using yootheme everest

joomla version 3.8.7

MY FIX: i went into my cpanel and traced the folder where the error was coming from. which was was the slideshow folder under plugins. then i changed the name of the folder to slideshow444 (the name is not important) once i did that i was able to login to the administrator panel and then uninstall the slideshow component.

NOTE: i did try the above tricks and it changed nothing.
Last edited by toivo on Wed May 23, 2018 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: split from someone else's topic - please create your own topics in the future

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Error - headers have already been sent by /plugins/system/slideshow/slideshow/index.php 1

Post by toivo » Wed May 23, 2018 5:50 am

wade4g wrote:i experienced this error the next day after installing a slideshow package from the joomla app store
Which particular extension was this? Can you please provide a link.

One option you need to think about is that your site may have been hacked and that the incident may happen again. Therefore please read about best practice in security from the sticky posts at the 3.x Security forum at viewforum.php?f=714
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

wade4g
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Error - headers have already been sent by /plugins/system/slideshow/slideshow/index.php 1

Post by wade4g » Wed May 23, 2018 11:27 pm

No i did not get hacked. Its a brand new website. (2 days old)

this is the slider that caused the error: https://huge-it.com/joomla-slider-demo- ... le-slider/

on a side note:

I have been using and building on joomla since 2002.

I have built small and very complex sites.

I have built over 600 joomla sites.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Thu May 24, 2018 12:15 am

headers have already been sent by /plugins/system/slideshow/slideshow/index.php 1
No hack, agreed. Hacks often produce exactly the same error with the session, but in this case the reason was a blank character that should never start the first line of a PHP script:

Code: Select all

<?php
This extension should be reported in JED because it does not work out-of-the-box.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Thu May 24, 2018 8:49 am

The issue has just been reported to the developer of the extension.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”