Best Anti Spam for Joomla 3x Topic is solved

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
rhemavoice
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Best Anti Spam for Joomla 3x

Post by rhemavoice » Sun May 27, 2018 8:17 am

Hi guys, pls can any one in the house recommend a good anti spam for joomla? and pls who can translate the following: 2a02:25b0:aaaa:aaaa:bfe2:537c:437c:0 into a real conventional IP address? someone is attempting to spam my site; i have been blocking the IPs but now am seeing an unconventional IP codes: 2a02:25b0:aaaa:aaaa:bfe2:537c:437c:0; how do i handle this situation pls?
thanks
- Rhema

effrit
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Best Anti Spam for Joomla 3x

Post by effrit » Sun May 27, 2018 8:22 am

rhemavoice
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rhemavoice » Sun May 27, 2018 8:46 am

effrit, thanks alot for the quick response i'll look at it

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by sozzled » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:53 pm

Preventing spam on your Joomla website starts by preventing spam registrations. Because a lot of spam registrations are carried out by 'bots, the best way to deal ensure that 'bots are not bypassing the standard registraton process (including bypassing the CAPTCHA challenge, because 'bots are getting smarter at defeating these things), I recommend https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... alidation/

As a case in point, on a website that I help to manage, we were getting 10 fake registrations each day (even geo-blocking counter-measures, using CAPTCHA and requiring "optional" user fields to be completed). After installing and enabling this plugin, the fake registrations stopped completely. Of course, nothing will prevent real people from registering accounts on a website but that's just a matter of being vigilant. 8)

The only guaranteed way to prevent spam registration happening on a website (any website) is to charge an up-front fee to join the site, right? Spammers won't pay money to join a website, will they? Hmmm? ;)
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

rhemavoice
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rhemavoice » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:28 pm

lol sure Spammers won't pay money to join a website... thanks alot sozzled.
- Rhema

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:46 am

rhemavoice wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 8:17 am
pls who can translate the following: 2a02:25b0:aaaa:aaaa:bfe2:537c:437c:0 into a real conventional IP address?
This is a IPv6 address. Your server must have IPv6 enabled.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”