Can't access Administrator panel after migrating my website

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x? Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Reversal30
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Can't access Administrator panel after migrating my website

Post by Reversal30 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:16 am

Hi everyone,

My company has a Joomla website and our server encountered some problems with MySql service, because of that we had to migrat the website to another server but i have encountered some problems.

I have the website already working on the new server, and i thought it was all ok, but when I tried to enter the Administrator page the website crashed...

I am new at joomla and I don't know what is happening. If someone could help me I will be grateful.

I have attached an image with the error i encountered.

Hope someone can help me.
site.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Can't access Administrator panel after migrating my website

Post by AMurray » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:30 am

You have migrated from 1.5 to 3.x? It looks like a badly failed migration. Did you follow instructions, such as these: viewtopic.php?f=710&t=925100 ??? ???

It appears you're using Joomla 1.5 based on some of those errors referencing the "Khepri" template. Note, the forum you're posting to is for Joomla 3.x not 1.5.x.

Your joomla is definitely not the latest version (released July 2018 - 3.8.10). From what I can see in the screenshot those errors are possibly caused by you using a PHP version greater than that on which Joomla 1.5 will run (which requires I think anything up to around PHP 5.6).

Anything newer (PHP 7.x won't run Joomla 1.5). That is not the only possibility - it may be also some extensions are too old for the PHP version (such as the Khepri template from Joomla 1.5). The default template in 3.x is Protostar.

The term "deprecated" in the context of those errors basically means obsolete; which it is not necessarily "wrong" coding, it seems to involve functions of PHP that have been removed from later versions, and therefore the PHP won't run correctly and produces those script errors.

You can try turning off the error reporting, to suppress those errors (it won't make them go away, but will stop them showing on the screen - you still need to fix the underlying cause, and why the migration failed.)

Please use the Forum Post Assistant - viewtopic.php?f=714&t=793531 - , and post the report output to a rely on this thread. The FPA will give us the information we need to diagnose the problem further. You just need to download the script, upload it to your joomla folder and run it, following the instructions found at the above link

An actual link to your site would also help as I can't read much of that screenshot (print is too small).
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”