Need help finding the correct CSS for Template

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
junkieonwallst
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Need help finding the correct CSS for Template

Post by junkieonwallst » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:02 am

Hello, I'm trying to find the correct css template to edit the JA Company template from joomlart.com. The edit that I'm trying to do is the logo where I can resize it and do a overlay that may overlap the menu verse enlarging and creating unnecessary white space. For whatever reason even using the firefox bug I cannot find which css this is assigned too. You can find this site/logo at

www.swanseatown.net/swansea/

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks everyone in advance.
Last edited by imanickam on Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved the topic from the forum General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x to the forum Templates - Joomla! 3.x

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Need help finding the correct CSS for Template

Post by AMurray » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:36 am

Not really an expert, but using Firebox Debug/Inspect Element I seemed to have found the CSS you need.You could put this (below):

The CSS class is ".logo-img" and apparently it is in a file called "css-38d5c-4646.css".

Find the class name ".logo-img" and enter the dimensions to suit, such as the following:

Code: Select all

.logo-img {

width: 150px;
    height: 150px;

}
You can test it in real-time in the Firefox Debug facility to see what the change will affect.

I think the better way though, is to make the logo bigger in the first place i.e. in your image editor (Photoshop or whatever).

One caution, you should probably put that css in a custom.css or user.css file; otherwise, any update for the template will overwrite anything you customise in it.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:08 am

image header 01.JPG
image header 02.JPG
???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results": Albert Einstein

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by AMurray » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:37 pm

slideshow (?) has nothing to do with the site logo (per the OP's questions) ??? What is this trying to demonstrate? (the logo doesn't have dimensions set in the CSS)
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:19 pm

Ah misread ... thought the OP wanted to decrease the gap below the logo. :-[
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results": Albert Einstein

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”