J! 3.9.0 Protostar: Enabling System-Privacy Consent plugin: user profile display (redirection on login) Topic is solved

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

J! 3.9.0 Protostar: Enabling System-Privacy Consent plugin: user profile display (redirection on login)

Post by sozzled » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:40 pm

G'day everyone

This problem has me beaten. I know how to workaround the issue but I'm really puzzled as to how the matter has surfaced.

Background:

1) J! 3.9.0 website (pretty basic): for testing purposes only and, therefore, this site is a throwaway if it should fail. Originally started its life in J! 3.5.1 in 2013 but has always been maintained with the latest stable versions of Joomla and extensions. This is actually the first website that I use to test new releases of Joomla.

2) The System - Privacy Consent plugin was (of course) installed with J! 3.9.0; the plugin has been configured to refer to a privacy policy article. The plugin is normally set to its default "disabled" status but, for testing purposes, it is enabled. When the plugin is enabled, the problem raises its head.

3) The User - Profile plugin is enabled.

4) The main menu is fairly simple; there is no "edit user profile" menu item used on the website (there's no requirement for it).

Reproducing the problem:

1) Enable the System - Privacy Consent plugin (at the backend) and login to the frontend. As expected, on logging in, the user is redirected to the "user profile" page to confirm that the logged-in user accepts the privacy policy. This is the screen that is displayed:
j39_privacy01.png
2) Note the areas that I've highlighted. There is no ability to edit these fields (clicking the "edit profile" button has no effect. The logged-in user can, however, logout by clicking the "logout" menu item (see top of that screenshot).

3) Disable the System - Privacy Consent plugin. (Normal "pre-J! 3.9" status.)

Working around the problem

1) Create a menu item to "Edit User Profile"; publish the item and allow it for Registered users.

2) Enable the System - Privacy Consent plugin (at the backend) and login to the frontend. As expected, on logging in, the user is redirected to the "user profile" page to confirm that the logged-in user accepts the privacy policy. This is the screen that is displayed:
j39_privacy02.png
3) Note that the user profile is now editable and the logged-in user has the ability to confirm their acceptance of the privacy policy.

4) Unpublish the menu item and the problem returns.

Summary and request for advice

This happens in only one case, on one website (that I've tested so far), and it's not terribly important. For some reason, in order to fulfil the objectives of the "consent to privacy policy" plugin, the redirection needs to have an "edit user profile" menu item published.

On another test site, one that is a completely vanilla-flavoured, nothing added (except for Akeeba Backup and Akeeba Admin Tools), this problem does not occur, i.e. there's no need for the "edit user profile" menu item published in order to allow the logged-in user to confirm their privacy policy consent.

Does anyone have any ideas why this may be the case? It's got me baffled.

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sozzled on Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: J! 3.9.0 Protostar: Enabling System-Privacy Consent plugin: user profile display (redirection on login)

Post by sozzled » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:47 pm

UPDATE: Here's another clue.

Unpublishing the "Logout" menu item removed the requirement to publish an "Edit User Profile" menu item. On enabling the System - Privacy Consent plugin (at the backend) and login to the frontend. As expected, on logging in, the user is redirected to the "user profile" page to confirm that the logged-in user accepts the privacy policy and it displays the user profile edit form shown in the second screenshot above.

The problem, it seems, is related to how and where the "active consent" redirection is carried out.

(This creates a new problem—not having a "Logout" menu item—insofar as it complicates how a logged-in user can logout.)

UPDATE #2: The problem is unrelated to the template. The same situation occurs if Beez3 is used instead of Protostar.
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: J! 3.9.0 Protostar: Enabling System-Privacy Consent plugin: user profile display (redirection on login)

Post by Webdongle » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:54 pm

So the problem is only on one site?
Can you click edit when it displays the profile page?
fpa please
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results": Albert Einstein.

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:07 am

The problem is "only" one site because I've only updated a handful of websites to J! 3.9.0 and I've only tested the new "privacy consent" plugin on a couple of websites.

This is the "only" website (that I've updated to J! 3.9.0) that uses the standard J! login module [form] but, on login, the module is not displayed to registered users. Instead, in order to logout, I have a logout menu item.

I don't normally operate my websites in this way. It was a test (in response to a question asked a long time ago by another member of the comunity) in connection with the question, "how to login/logout without using the login module?" If you get my meaning.

As I wrote earlier, if the logout menu item is published, on redirection (after login) the user profile is displayed but the "edit profile" button doesn't actually do anything (clicking the button does not fire the the event to allow editing of the profile). In other words, the profile details (as shown in the first screenshot) are "read only" but rather meaningless. There's no ability to interact with this page.

No need for the FPA. The issue is reproducible on a stock-standard, vanilla-flavoured, out-of-the-box J! 3.9.0 website (as long as you create and publish a logout menu item, and do all the other things I've mentioned); see attachment. I'm not saying it's a bug. I'm wondering if there's a "gotcha" that I'm unaware of. It will take you about 10 minutes to reproduce this yourself, I think.

Does that help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pmleconte
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by pmleconte » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:04 am

Hi,

I had also this problem on one site because I did not define "Profile" menu in my frontend menus. Everything seems to be ok now.

For information, there was a problem with "Login Guard" from Akeeba and Nicholas updated his loginguard.php. Just read his comments and you'll understand everything : https://github.com/akeeba/loginguard/bl ... nguard.php

Pascal
If anything can go wrong, it will.
https://www.conseilgouz.com/en

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:39 am

Just a thought. If (before enabling the plugin) you create a registered user then enable the plugin ... does the same problem exist for the Registered user ?

My site both registered and super user (on first login attempt after enabling the Privacy plugin) go directly to the profile edit screen.

I am unable to reproduce what is happening to your site.

What I find interesting is that on some sites that you have updated ... it doesn't happen?
It begs the difference what is different with the sites (that you have updated) where it doesn't happen?
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results": Albert Einstein.

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:55 am

You have to follow the steps, methodically. You need to create a Logout menu item and publish it. Did you do that? To explain (again) the entire process, from beginning to end, take a lot of words but the entire process, culminating in the problem, is reproducible (I've done it now on two sites). I could probably reproduce this problem consistently on a dozen or more websites ... but why should I bother to do that?

The problem doesn't happen on other websites because those websites don't have a Logout menu item. Read the "how to reproduce the problem" information again, slowly and see msg #2 in this topic. ;)

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:42 pm

I have followed step by step and unable to reproduce.Either I have missed a step that is obvious or you you have missed a step because you think that step is obvious.

Have you reported the issue on https://issues.joomla.org/

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:02 pm

OK, here are the steps:

1) Create a new installation of J! 3.8.13 somewhere. It takes about 15 minutes to do this.
2) On this new installation of J! 3.8.13, create a menu item of menu type = Users » Logout. Publish the menu item and set the permissions so that it's accessible only to Registered users
3) Create an article (any kind of article will do); you just need one article. You don't have to allocate a menu item to display the article anywhere; you need to have the article "published".
4) Login to the frontend: observe that the Logout menu item is displayed (but not highlighted).
5) Logout.
6) Update the website to J! 3.9.0.
7) Enable the System - Privacy Consent plugin. Ensure that the plugin "selects" the article created in step (3) above.
8) Login to the frontend: observe that the user is redirected to the user profile page (supposedly to confirm that the user actively consents to the privacy policy) while also observing that the Logout menu item (created in step (2) above) is highlighted.
9) Observe that the user profile page is not an "interactive" form and that the Edit Profile button has no effect.
10) Observe that the logged-in user click the Logout menu item to logout.

Is this, point by point, what you also did?

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:12 pm

With a fresh (no sample data install) of 3.8.13 updated to 3.9.0
The logout button ... No avail user first login after enabling the plugin.

But on my site that has been updated to 3.9.0 and the plugin enabled.
The logout button ... user first login (after enabling the plugin) has no affect.

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:28 pm

Webdongle wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:12 pm
With a fresh (no sample data install) of 3.8.13 updated to 3.9.0
Thanks. The purpose of doing things this way is to create a simple, nothing-special-about-it Joomla website, prior to J! 3.9.0 (just to make sure that we're starting with the situation that affects people who are updating). Installing a brand-new J! website does a few things:

(a) it creates an empty J! website with one user (i.e. the administrator user),
(b) a "main menu" that can be seen on Protostar, and
(c) a login form (on the right side of the page).

Even though the default menu item is "blank", it gives you the idea of what the site looks like.

Webdongle wrote:
The logout button
I'm not talking about the logout button. I'm talking about the need to create a logout menu item. There's a big difference. You need to create a menu item (as I described in my last post) and assign it to the main menu. This is key part of the problem.

Webdongle wrote:
No avail user first login after enabling the plugin.
I'm mystified by this. Assuming that you've created a fresh Joomla website then you have at least one user (i.e. the administrator) and you should be able to login. So I don't quite understand what you're trying to describe. As long as there's a user who hasn't yet "actively consented" to the privacy policy before logging in—this would be the case if the site is at J! 3.8.13 or earlier—then, after updating to J! 3.9.0 and enabling the System - Privacy Consent plugin this should force the user(s) to have to accept the privacy policy.

That's why it's important to do things in this order because we're trying to reproduce the situation where people have registered users on a pre-J! 3.9 site who haven't consented to the privacy policy, where there's a Logout menu item—I'm not talking about the Logout button on the "login form" on the right side of the page—and things fall in a heap.

I don't know if we're talking about the same things.

If the worst comes to the worst, I'll spend an hour or so, create two J! websites (one with J! 3.8.13 and the other based on the first but updated to J! 3.9.0), create a test account so that you can login to either of these two, and compare the differences. As long as the test account doesn't "consent" to the privacy policy (in the latter case) the situation should be reproducible.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:04 pm

OK typo ... for logout button read Logout menu item.

Same ... no problem on my site and am using Protostar.

Using a fresh Joomla install rules out 3rd party extensions as a cause. Usually if it doesn't work with a fresh install it doesn't work on an existing site ... but in this case it works on an existing site.

btw
If you want to test if any changes alter things ... turn the plugin off and create a user then turn it back on again.

Tests so far
1. My site has a Login menu item ... set one up on the fresh install ... No avail
2. My site does not have a login module published ... unpublished it on the fresh install ... No avail
3. The target Article is not in the Uncategorised Category ... set up a Category in the fresh site and set the Article to that ... No Avail

Apart from that (user access related) there is no difference that I can see.

I may have done something in /administrator that allows it to work correctly on my site.

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:18 pm

Before I refer the matter to the Issue Tracker, I want to establish that the situation is reproducible (identically to my vanilla-flavoured test site) by at least one other person.

I don't have a Login menu item. I never wrote anything about a Login menu item. I referred (several times in this topic) to a Logout menu item. You haven't confirmed if you have a Logout menu item in your scenario.

I'm not 1000% sure about the login module/form being created (and assigned to all pages) as part of the installation, but I was fairly confident that this is what happens. If that's not the case with a fresh installation of J! 3.8.13 then something's a bit peculiar. You just need somewhere to login, I guess, and this seems the most logical place because it should already exist without having to do anything "special". I'm simply trying to describe a fresh, out-of-the-box installation (moments after J! 3.8.13 is created) but with one important difference: add a new menu item to Logout; that's it.

Webdongle wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:04 pm
3. The target Article is not in the Uncategorised Category.
Again, I did nothing special. I created an article, published it, and placed it in the one category that's automatically created with the fresh install, viz. the Uncategorised category.
Last edited by sozzled on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:21 pm

sozzled wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:18 pm
Before I refer the matter to the Issue Tracker, I want to establish that the situation is reproducible (identically to my vanilla-flavoured test site) by at least one other person. ...
Yep I can confirm that.

I was just trying to see why that didn't affect my site.

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:27 pm

Hmm ... puzzling to say the least.

OK. I'll retrace all my steps and try to engineer things again. I'll start by creating a fresh J! 3.8.13 website (add nothing to it except for one article for the purposes of using it later as a "privacy policy" and one menu item for logging out). I'll add one test user account and I'll login and make sure that this basic pre-J! 3.9.0 site operates the way I expect it will behave.

After doing that, I'll create another website using the first as the basis and I'll update it to J! 3.9.0 and enable the System - Privacy Consent plugin. The second site will use a separate filesystem and database from the first (so there's no linkages between the two). Then I'll login to the frontend of the updated website and see what I see and report back here.

This will probably take me an hour or so (because I like to document everything I do as I do things) to complete the whole lot.

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:37 pm

Stage 1 completed. A new J! 3.8.13 test site created at http://vanilla3813.enduring.com.au.

This site will be used as the basis for "stage 2" (to update the site to J! 3.9.0). We'll see what we see.

Note: the freshly-minted J! 3.8.13 site created a menu (at position-7) which I moved to position-1; the site also created a login form/module at positio-7.

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:09 pm

Stage 2: completed. Test site created at http://vanilla390.enduring.com.au.

Problem (as I defined it) reproduced.

Obviously, for the purposes of quickly creating these two test sites, I installed Akeeba Backup and, to make doubly-certain that I had all the correct permissions in place I installed Akeeba Admin Tools. The following FPA report will show these two extra extensions. In all other respects, however, this website is pretty-much vanilla-flavoured.
Last PHP Error(s) Reported :: Forum Post Assistant (v1.4.5 (Ganymede)) : 3rd November 2018 wrote:[03-Nov-2018 22:43:20 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Akeeba_Services_JSON_Error has a deprecated constructor in /home/pcdir412/public_html/vanilla390/kickstart.php on line 952
Forum Post Assistant (v1.4.5 (Ganymede)) : 3rd November 2018 wrote:
Basic Environment :: wrote:Joomla! Instance :: Joomla! 3.9.0-Stable (Amani) 30-October-2018
Joomla! Platform :: Joomla Platform 13.1.0-Stable (Curiosity) 24-Apr-2013
Joomla! Configured :: Yes | Writable (644) | Owner: --protected-- . (uid: /gid: ) | Group: --protected-- (gid: ) | Valid For: 3.9
Configuration Options :: Offline: false | SEF: true | SEF Suffix: false | SEF ReWrite: false | .htaccess/web.config: No | GZip: false | Cache: false | CacheTime: 15 | CacheHandler: file | CachePlatformPrefix: false | FTP Layer: false | Proxy: N/A | LiveSite: | Session lifetime: 15 | Session handler: database | Shared sessions: false | SSL: 0 | Error Reporting: default | Site Debug: false | Language Debug: false | Default Access: 1 | Unicode Slugs: false | dbConnection Type: mysqli | PHP Supports J! 3.9.0: Yes | Database Credentials Present: Yes |

Host Configuration :: OS: Linux | OS Version: 3.10.0-714.10.2.lve1.4.79.el6h.x86_64 | Technology: x86_64 | Web Server: Apache | Encoding: gzip, deflate | Doc Root: --protected-- | System TMP Writable: Yes | Free Disk Space : 128.12 GiB |

PHP Configuration :: Version: 7.2.11 | PHP API: litespeed | Session Path Writable: Yes | Display Errors: | Error Reporting: 32759 | Log Errors To: error_log | Last Known Error: 03rd November 2018 22:43:20. | Register Globals: | Magic Quotes: | Safe Mode: | Open Base: | Uploads: 1 | Max. Upload Size: 128M | Max. POST Size: 256M | Max. Input Time: 60 | Max. Execution Time: 30 | Memory Limit: 512M

Database Configuration :: Version: 5.6.41 (Client:5.6.41) | Host: --protected-- (--protected--) | Localhost: Yes | Collation: utf8mb4_general_ci (Character Set: utf8mb4) | Database Size: 4.29 MiB | #of Tables: 100
Detailed Environment :: wrote:PHP Extensions :: Core (7.2.11) | date (7.2.11) | libxml (7.2.11) | openssl (7.2.11) | pcre (7.2.11) | sqlite3 (7.2.11) | zlib (7.2.11) | bz2 (7.2.11) | calendar (7.2.11) | ctype (7.2.11) | curl (7.2.11) | hash (1.0) | filter (7.2.11) | ftp (7.2.11) | gettext (7.2.11) | gmp (7.2.11) | SPL (7.2.11) | iconv (7.2.11) | pcntl (7.2.11) | readline (7.2.11) | Reflection (7.2.11) | session (7.2.11) | standard (7.2.11) | shmop (7.2.11) | SimpleXML (7.2.11) | mbstring (7.2.11) | tokenizer (7.2.11) | xml (7.2.11) | litespeed () | bcmath (7.2.11) | dom (20031129) | sockets (7.2.11) | eio (2.0.0) | enchant (7.2.11) | fileinfo (1.0.5) | gd (7.2.11) | geoip (1.1.1) | imap (7.2.11) | intl (1.1.0) | json (1.6.0) | exif (7.2.11) | mysqli (7.2.11) | mysqlnd (mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 38fea24f2847fa7519001be390c98ae0acafe387 $) | PDO (7.2.11) | pdo_mysql (7.2.11) | pdo_sqlite (7.2.11) | Phar (2.0.2) | pspell (7.2.11) | soap (7.2.11) | sysvmsg (7.2.11) | sysvsem (7.2.11) | sysvshm (7.2.11) | wddx (7.2.11) | xmlreader (7.2.11) | xmlrpc (7.2.11) | xmlwriter (7.2.11) | xsl (7.2.11) | yaml (2.0.0) | zip (1.15.3) | ionCube Loader () | Zend OPcache (7.2.11) | Zend Engine (3.2.0) |
Potential Missing Extensions ::

Switch User Environment (Experimental) :: PHP CGI: No | Server SU: No | PHP SU: No | Custom SU (LiteSpeed/Cloud/Grid): No
Potential Ownership Issues: Maybe
Folder Permissions :: wrote:Core Folders :: images/ (755) | components/ (755) | modules/ (755) | plugins/ (755) | language/ (755) | templates/ (755) | cache/ (755) | logs/ (---) | tmp/ (755) | administrator/components/ (755) | administrator/modules/ (755) | administrator/language/ (755) | administrator/templates/ (755) | administrator/logs/ (755) |

Elevated Permissions (First 10) ::
Database Information :: wrote:Database statistics :: Uptime: 884375 | Threads: 3 | Questions: 58566976 | Slow queries: 61 | Opens: 23810 | Flush tables: 1 | Open tables: 14764 | Queries per second avg: 66.224 |
Extensions Discovered :: wrote:Components :: SITE ::
Core :: com_mailto (3.0.0) 1 | com_wrapper (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party::

Components :: ADMIN ::
Core :: com_languages (3.0.0) 1 | com_joomlaupdate (3.6.2) 1 | com_media (3.0.0) 1 | com_search (3.0.0) 1 | com_modules (3.0.0) 1 | com_users (3.0.0) 1 | com_fields (3.7.0) 1 | com_cpanel (3.0.0) 1 | com_cache (3.0.0) 1 | com_templates (3.0.0) 1 | com_checkin (3.0.0) 1 | com_plugins (3.0.0) 1 | com_actionlogs (3.9.0) 1 | com_installer (3.0.0) 1 | com_contenthistory (3.2.0) 1 | com_content (3.0.0) 1 | com_login (3.0.0) 1 | com_config (3.0.0) 1 | com_messages (3.0.0) 1 | com_banners (3.0.0) 1 | com_ajax (3.2.0) 1 | com_tags (3.1.0) 1 | com_categories (3.0.0) 1 | com_privacy (3.9.0) 1 | com_redirect (3.0.0) 1 | com_menus (3.0.0) 1 | com_postinstall (3.2.0) 1 | com_admin (3.0.0) 1 | com_associations (3.7.0) 1 | com_finder (3.0.0) 1 | com_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: Akeeba (6.2.1) 1 | Admintools (5.1.4) 1 |

Modules :: SITE ::
Core :: mod_articles_news (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_archive (3.0.0) 1 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_tags_popular (3.1.0) 1 | mod_articles_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_syndicate (3.0.0) 1 | mod_random_image (3.0.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_search (3.0.0) 1 | mod_footer (3.0.0) 1 | mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_categories (3.0.0) 1 | mod_breadcrumbs (3.0.0) 1 | mod_banners (3.0.0) 1 | mod_finder (3.0.0) 1 | mod_stats (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_category (3.0.0) 1 | mod_users_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_tags_similar (3.1.0) 1 | mod_whosonline (3.0.0) 1 | mod_related_items (3.0.0) 1 | mod_wrapper (3.0.0) 1 | mod_languages (3.5.0) 1 |

Modules :: ADMIN ::
Core :: mod_toolbar (3.0.0) 1 | mod_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_stats_admin (3.0.0) 1 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_version (3.0.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_multilangstatus (3.0.0) 1 | mod_sampledata (3.8.0) 1 | mod_submenu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_privacy_dashboard (3.9.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_latestactions (3.9.0) 1 | mod_logged (3.0.0) 1 | mod_title (3.0.0) 1 | mod_quickicon (3.0.0) 1 | mod_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_status (3.0.0) 1 |

Plugins :: SITE ::
Core :: plg_fields_text (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_media (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_integer (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_checkboxes (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_url (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_calendar (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_radio (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_imagelist (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_usergrouplist (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_textarea (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_user (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_repeatable (3.9.0) 1 | plg_fields_color (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_editor (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_sql (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_list (3.7.0) 1 | plg_extension_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_privacy_message (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_actionlogs (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_user (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_content (3.9.0) 1 | plg_privacy_consents (3.9.0) 1 | plg_finder_categories (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_contacts (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_content (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_tags (3.0.0) 1 | plg_twofactorauth_totp (3.2.0) 0 | plg_twofactorauth_yubikey (3.2.0) 0 | PLG_ACTIONLOG_JOOMLA (3.9.0) 1 | plg_user_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_user_profile (3.0.0) 0 | plg_user_contactcreator (3.0.0) 0 | plg_user_terms (3.9.0) 0 | plg_content_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_content_finder (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_emailcloak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_pagebreak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_vote (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_loadmodule (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_pagenavigation (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_confirmconsent (3.9.0) 0 | plg_editors-xtd_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_module (3.5.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_pagebreak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_readmore (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_menu (3.7.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_image (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_article (3.0.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_phpversioncheck (3.7.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_privacycheck (3.9.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_extensionupdate (3.0.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_joomlaupdate (3.0.0) 1 | PLG_INSTALLER_FOLDERINSTALLER (3.6.0) 1 | plg_installer_webinstaller (1.1.1) 1 | plg_installer_packageinstaller (3.6.0) 1 | PLG_INSTALLER_URLINSTALLER (3.6.0) 1 | plg_authentication_cookie (3.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_gmail (3.0.0) 0 | plg_authentication_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_ldap (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_logout (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_highlight (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_languagecode (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_fields (3.7.0) 1 | PLG_SYSTEM_ACTIONLOGS (3.9.0) 0 | plg_system_redirect (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_logrotation (3.9.0) 1 | plg_system_sef (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_stats (3.5.0) 1 | plg_system_cache (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_sessiongc (3.8.6) 1 | plg_system_log (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_debug (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_updatenotification (3.5.0) 1 | plg_system_privacyconsent (3.9.0) 1 | plg_system_remember (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_p3p (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_languagefilter (3.0.0) 0 | plg_captcha_recaptcha_invisibl (3.8) 1 | plg_captcha_recaptcha (3.4.0) 0 | plg_search_categories (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_contacts (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_content (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_tags (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: plg_quickicon_akeebabackup (1.0) 1 | System - Admin Tools (5.1.4) 1 | PLG_SYSTEM_BACKUPONUPDATE_TITL (3.7) 1 | PLG_SYSTEM_AKEEBAUPDATECHECK_T (1.1) 1 | plg_editors_tinymce (4.5.8) 1 | plg_editors_codemirror (5.40.0) 1 |
Templates Discovered :: wrote:Templates :: SITE :: protostar (1.0) 1 | beez3 (3.1.0) 1 |
Templates :: ADMIN :: hathor (3.0.0) 1 | isis (1.0) 1 |
The "warning" about Akeeba Kickstart is some "legacy" because the file had been deleted from the server before running the FPA report.

JAVesey
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by JAVesey » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:00 am

Guys, does tis help?
SharkyKZ wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:16 am
Test this please https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/22927.
John V
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Uses Joomla 3.9.23 and PHP7.4.11

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:20 am

Thanks for the suggestion, John. I tried this idea (replaced the J! 3.9.0 privacy component controller.php) as recommended at GitHub. Unfortunately it's made no difference. (Pity!)

This problem is somewhat unrelated to the GitHub discussion, I suspect, because the GitHub issue involved a user trying to create a "request".

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:18 pm

Has anyone attempted to use the test site I referred to three posts ago? ???

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:32 pm

Yes

Try using allow registration ... we can test with user create instead of created from backend

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:55 pm

I understand what you're saying and thanks for your reply. There are a couple of points I would make:

1) I don't actually need a Logout menu item (and probably 99 out of 100 Joomla users would agree with me) as part of most of my websites. Furthermore, many Joomla users who have updated their older sites to J! 3.9.0 may not even be interested in the features of the System - Privacy Consent plugin. Therefore the probability that someone has both a Logout menu item and the System - Privacy Consent plugin enabled and configured may be very low.

2) I'm trying to simulate a situation where a person has a J! website created before J! 3.9.0 with a Logout menu item. It's after updating to J! 3.9.0 (and enabling the System - Privacy Consent plugin to require already-existing accounts to actively consent upon login) where the problems are likely to appear. However, I agree that it would do no harm to allow user registrations for new accounts created with J! 3.9.0 in place, just to see what happens. :)

3) There are workarounds but (a) I don't believe people should have to workaround the problem or change their sites' operating environments (from how they were created prior to J! 3.9.0) just to make J! 3.9.0 work after updating them and (b) the workarounds create their own problems. One of these workarounds is to unpublish the Logout menu item; another is to create a menu item to edit the user profile; a third workaround is to not enable System - Privacy Consent plugin!

I have allowed users to create their own accounts on the test site (for the time being). I don't know what this proves, however, because, during the registration process, new accounts have to consent to the privacy policy and, therefore, upon login, those new accounts aren't redirected to have to "re-consent" to that policy, are they? Once you consent to the policy, there's no more "you have to consent" need.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:34 pm

No I should have said turn plugin off then allow new users to create an account. After they have created the account then turn it on. So they can see if the first login after the plugin has been enabled works as expected.

With the plugin enabled the registration form shows the conformation thus the problem can not be tested. Could you disable the plugin while I register please?

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:45 pm

Thanks. Yes, I'll do that now (should be done in one minute). Let me know when you've created a new account.

One other point that I would also make is that is should matter how an account was created. Some people may have one or two accounts, some may have a dozen or more and some sites may have thousands of accounts. Some website owners may never allow self-registration. Leaving aside the real-world situations, it's shouldn't matter but, for the sake of completeness, let's see. Cheers.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:49 pm

OK waiting for admin conformation

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:56 pm

Oh, damn. I didn't see that. The default activation requires administrator approval (I thought it might be self-activation); doesn't matter. I'll confirm it in a few moments.

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:12 pm

A little more background that's related to this discussion. The Logout menu item was added to Joomla in J! 3.5.0. The need for such a feature had been discussed for several years beforehand (going all the way back to J! 1.5). While the feature may not often be used, there have been a few discussions on the forum about some of the best ways to implement the feature, for example see viewtopic.php?t=929698. So it's not a new thing; it's been around for quite a while.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:16 pm

Enable the plugin?

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:23 pm

Done. :)

Thanks for working with me on this. If it's necessary, I'm happy enough to provide you with superuser access to the website—it's a throwaway—and you can enable/disable plugins, publish/unpublish menu items to your heart's content. The most important point of this discussion is to confirm that at least one other person is able to reproduce the symptoms of the problem. If it takes several days to convince one person that there's a bug, imagine what it's like trying to explain to bug squad members how to go about doing this?

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:32 pm

When user is created from the frontend (with the plugin disabled) First login after the plugin is enabled No Avail.

I doubt if I can see anything in the admin but by all means pm me a SA login.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”