Can we please close/lock a couple of J! 2.5-related forum categories. Topic is solved

If you have any 'mechanical' forum or Joomla! sites related issues/suggestions with joomla.org, community.joomla.org, forum.joomla.org, vel.joomla.org.

Moderator: brad

Forum rules
READ ME <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
sozzled
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Can we please close/lock a couple of J! 2.5-related forum categories.

Post by sozzled » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:28 pm

There are a few archived/locked forum categories here (relating to older versions of Joomla that are no longer maintained), including: There are a couple of forum categories that remain open/unlocked, implying that people can use those forum categories to engage in discussions with versions of Joomla that have long since exceeded their life expectancy. I refer to If it's good enough to archive discussions for one abandoned series of Joomla (viz. J! 1.5) surely it's equally reasonable to do the same thing with another abandoned series of Joomla? So let's lock them, too.

And while I'm at it, there's an interesting forum category entitled JoomlaCode.org. While JoomlaCode.org is effectively "closed" (i.e. Joomla development has moved to GitHub) and has been inactive for the past four years, the URL remains as a place where people may be able to find resources applicable to ancient software. It's fair enough that JoomlaCode.org should remain (and that there's a menu item on this website under Developer Resources » JoomlaCode) but I don't see the need for new or ongoing discussions about. Let's archive this forum category, too, but let the forum moderators post annoucements if there should be any in future.

Thanks.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

ooffick
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Can we please close/lock a couple of J! 2.5-related forum categories.

Post by ooffick » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:49 pm

Ok, I have locked those.

Regarding Joomlacode we will still leave that one open.

Kind regards
Olaf
Olaf Offick - Global Moderator
learnskills.org

sozzled
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Can we please close/lock a couple of J! 2.5-related forum categories.

Post by sozzled » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:19 am

Excellent! ... and many thanks. :)
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

Return to “Sites & Infrastructure - Feedback/Information”