An error has occurred???

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x? Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
John V
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

An error has occurred???

Post by John V » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:16 pm

Hello to All,

I'm not sure what happened. I upgraded my company Joomla version to 3.2.7. The website and all functions appear to be working after the upgrade....except for one issue.

The Control Panel view gives me an error i.e.
1146 Table 'prosells_prosellsalestraining_edu_au.o13cl_postinstall_messages' doesn't exist SQL=SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `o13cl_postinstall_messages`

Please be kind. I have no idea how to fix this issue. Is there any one that can advise and help me with my issue?

I do look forward to your reply.

Regards,

John V.

P.S. I am no Joomla Guru.

CyrusXxX
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: An error has occurred???

Post by CyrusXxX » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:36 pm

Hello John, the message says your update failed basically for related columns. You should restore old environment and configure it so it updates without failure.

What does your error log says?

Also check what is the max_execution_time in your php.ini and increase it if possible and try again.
Knowledge is power and power is knowledge.

https://regenesiscomputers.com

John V
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by John V » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:11 am

Hi CyrusXxX,

Thanks for your reply. I will need to look into those points that you mentioned. I will need to use my backup to revert back to the old version...lucky I did a backup before I did the upgrade.

Not sure where to find the error log...never had to deal with this before. I'll have a look to find.

Up to now all I did was maintain the site content.

I'll be in touch.

Thanks again.

John

CyrusXxX
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by CyrusXxX » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:40 am

John V wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:11 am
Not sure where to find the error log...never had to deal with this before. I'll have a look to find.
You are welcome John, check your site folder location for file named error_log there you will see all generated errors also there is one more error log file which is related to your hosting and for that to avoid search for it contact your hosting provider and ask them where that file is located.

Let us know how it goes.

P.S. Always and I mean always make backup before any upgrade/installation or other work since it will save you if something goes wrong. ;)
Knowledge is power and power is knowledge.

https://regenesiscomputers.com

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”