Migrating modules from one J3.9.1 to another J3.9.1

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x? Please consider the availability of third-party templates and extensions when deciding which Joomla version to use.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
eltigre
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Migrating modules from one J3.9.1 to another J3.9.1

Post by eltigre » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:59 am

Hi Forum,

I have a local J3.9.1 website that is giving me error messages and now akeeba can't backup. I have made a new website J3.9.1 to keep building. I think the error came from a bad installation from a component or module I cannot remember. I am having trouble deleting unwanted modules and components from the site.

Is it possible to copy modules from old local error site to new local website or must I recreate the modules in the new site?

Thank you for your time.

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Migrating modules from one J3.9.1 to another J3.9.1

Post by AMurray » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:09 pm

What sort of error messages (please quote specific error messages here....) and also please specify exactly what trouble is Akeeba giving you? You don't delete extensions, you need to uninstall them from the Extension Manager. (give further details why your system won't let you do that).

To see detailed errors, ensure that display_errors and error_reporting options are turned on - e.g. in the configuration.php file and/or the php.ini file for your web server (should be easy on the local host site), and ask your host about error reporting if it can't be easily done on your live hosting).

I wouldn't try copying individual modules (would mean digging into databases and copying relevant db tables plus the relevant extension files), not a good thing if you don't have experience with that sort of thing) - I'd just recreate them in the new site.

Can you please run, and post the FPA report for the original site.
viewtopic.php?f=714&t=793531
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Migrating modules from one J3.9.1 to another J3.9.1

Post by Webdongle » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:44 am

Modules should not be deleted they should be uninstalled. Extensions >>> Manage >>> Manage ... order by ID descending should put the newest at the top.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results": Albert Einstein

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”