Component Template Issue

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
CMSwithMe
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Component Template Issue

Post by CMSwithMe » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:32 pm

I am using a couple of components that are accessed through the main menu. I have an inner template assigned to these menu items. When you click on the menu items, the resulting page displays correctly with the assigned template.

Buuuut, when you click on links within the component itself, the resulting page reverts to the home template. The template manager does not seem to have a setting for this. Is there something in core joomla that I'm missing or do I need to buy an extension for this. I have looked at extensions that purport to extend template assignment functionality. I do not have a problem purchasing an extension but this would seem to be a very glaring problem with the cms if it is as it seems so I wanted to make sure that I was not missing something.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Component Template Issue

Post by toivo » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:43 pm

Set up a dummy menu containing all the links from the two components. Assign the inner template to those menu items. It may take some time, depending on the number of links, but it should work.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator
troubleshooting smtp and other articles https://talikka.com/joomla

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”