Difficulty of building a Joomla based website

Relax and enjoy The Lounge. For all Non-Joomla! topics or ones that don't fit anywhere else. Normal forum rules apply.
edvinandersson
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Difficulty of building a Joomla based website

Post by edvinandersson » Thu May 09, 2019 9:28 am

Hi all,

I am currently developing websites in another format but am now thinking of expanding my knowledge base in order to be more attractive for potential employment opportunities. I was therefore wondering about the difficulty level of Joomla. For example I'm wondering about the difficulty level of building a website that would look something like this:
[ redacted ]

It does not need have to have all the features, I'm more interested in the basic functionalities of the site.

Thoughts and input appreciated.
All the best,
Edvin
Last edited by toivo on Thu May 09, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: URL removed, please observe the warning about including links to non-Joomla sites!

Pnkr
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Difficulty of building a Joomla based website

Post by Pnkr » Thu May 09, 2019 10:48 am

The website you linked is not visible so i cannot see what you mean. But there is not a thing that Joomla CMS cannot do because its not about the CMS but the level of CSS HTML knowledge you have.

if you know your way about CSS, HTML and have a somewhat basic knowledge of PHP you can follow the below tutorial: https://docs.joomla.org/Creating_a_basi ... !_template

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Thu May 09, 2019 1:17 pm

Look in the JED. Joomla have thousends of extensions that will give you almost all possible features.

john-doe
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by john-doe » Sat May 11, 2019 7:16 pm

Difficulty comes in the grade of if you know what is needed to reach the target.
Mostly you need to become familiar with some extensions and their functions in order to get a sithe that fulfills your clients needs, never is the same if you are building an online magazine than a e-commerce or a specialized directory, or an informational site.

As long as you see if the solution fits with the needs everything should go fine.
www.aldemar-hernandez.com - Custom templates and design services.

Return to “The Lounge”