Joomla Extension - Docman update error

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
dilharasfer
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla Extension - Docman update error

Post by dilharasfer » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:33 am

Hi Guys, I updated Joomla version before. I need to change document sorting order but I can't change it at the moment. I thought I need to update the Docman as new update is available. So, when I try to update Docman 3.3.7 from the 3.2.0 an error occurred saying "Error connecting to the server :500". Even I can't download it manually. So when I try to download manually it says "Internal Server Error"

Mainly I want to fix that document sorting error but I think Docman update would fix the issue.

Any issue to fix the problem is highly appreciated.

Thank you guys.

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Joomla Extension - Docman update error

Post by AMurray » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:53 am

Is your subscription for Docman current? if not, that would be one roadblock......but also you should be able to log into your joomlatools.com account and access the download there. (Don't know why you can't do that...?)

I think this is a question for the Docman people - both about the sorting issue and about why you can't update, because I suspect the primary reason is your subscription has lapsed.

The server errors also seem to be to do with Joomlatools.com, not your own site.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

dilharasfer
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by dilharasfer » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:48 am

Thank you for your reply Murray. I did not build the website and I just look after it so not sure subscription is expired or not. You recon if the subscription is expired we can't download the update.

dilharasfer
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by dilharasfer » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:44 am

Hi I just had a look and enabled debug. When I tried to edit the sorting order from
Menu-->All Menu Items --> Click on the title (Ex. NewsLetters) - The I got following error

Cannot use object of type stdClass as array

.../plugins/gsd/menus/menus.php:135
130 return;
131 }
133 // Add a new tab called 'Google Structured Data' in the Menu Manager Item editing page
134 // only on component-based menu items. System links such as as URLs or Menu Item Aliases are not supported.
135 if ($form->getName() == 'com_menus.item' && $data['component_id'] > 0 && $this->params->get("fastedit", false))
136 {
137 $form->loadFile(__DIR__ . '/form.xml', false);
138 $form->setFieldAttribute('snippet', 'thing', $this->app->input->getInt('id'), 'params.gsd');
140 return;

Can anyone help me to solve this issue please. I think it happened once I update the Joomla version 3.9.4

Thank you guys.

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by AMurray » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:52 am

3.9.4 was released in march 2019, so you are 6 months behind in Joomla updates: 3.9.11 was released last week (mid-August 2019).

Try updating to 3.9.11 and see if that resolves (or helps resolve) the problem?

Regarding the subscription expiration I suggested, maybe ask the site's owner (or applicable 3rd party) if there was ever a subscription etc - that's all I can think would be a contributing factor - not saying the only factor).

Can you please use the Forum Post Assistant and post the report to a reply on this thread - FPA as suggested in red box, top of screen. https://forumpostassistant.github.io/docs/
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”