Override for image before title in article Topic is solved

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
stevefal
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Override for image before title in article

Post by stevefal » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:44 pm

I'm using Gantry 5 Hydrogen and trying to override the Article layout in order to place the article image before the title within the HTML.

I've followed the instructions at https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:How_to_use ... _Overrides, and modified the php file to reposition the line that (I think) renders the image. I've also added some garbage text in an area where I'd see it if it was working.

But it isn't. I've been sure to select the layout override in Options/Layout of both the article and the menu that call it. But no joy.

The file I'm editing is at /templates/g5_hydrogen/html/com_content/article/default.php

What could I be doing wrong?

stevefal
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Override for image before title in article

Post by stevefal » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:12 am

Solved. I was editing the wrong php file. The view I was trying to override was the Category Blog. But I was editing the Article php when I should have been editing a Category Blog php. This boiled down to my not understanding that "Article" in the context of Category Blog is not an Article exactly, but an article introduction.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”