Need to uninstall Module but can't find it Topic is solved

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
helpwithjoomla
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Need to uninstall Module but can't find it

Post by helpwithjoomla » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:58 pm

Joomla keeps telling me that we need to update "Contact Form for Joomla" which is an old Extension that we no longer use.

However, I can't find that Extension anywhere in the backend.

I've looked through Extensions > Modules. Nothing.

I've looked through Extensions > Manage > Manage. Nothing.

I also looked in the modules directory for any reference to Contact Form for Joomla. Nothing.

Anyone have advice?

I want to get Joomla to stop telling me I need to update Contact Form for Joomla. And if necessary I want to delete the Extension as it is no longer in use.

FYI, I have cleared cache when using Extensions > Manage > Update. But it still keeps finding that Contact Form for Joomla needs an update.

Thanks in advance.

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Need to uninstall Module but can't find it

Post by sozzled » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:22 am

If you can't find the Contact Form for Joomla extension—sorry, Google doesn't show any results for an extension with this specific name—it's probably called something else. Try running Extensions » Discover, re-install it and then uninistall it. Otherwise, would need to see what the FPA might show us.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AMurray » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:45 am

If it's indeed a module, then try identifying the module position it's in, and then search Module manager by module position.

Another way is to remove the Update site item from Extensions > Update (that should stop the "there is an update for...." notices.

As @sozzled said, we'd need to know which specific extension it is to be able to have some idea what it might be. I'm sure it would have to be installed for it to notify updates are available.

Also if you create new module, the module types get listed and you choose which you want - have a look there for any reference to "contact form".
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

helpwithjoomla
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by helpwithjoomla » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:22 pm

Thank you for the advice sozzled and AMurray.

Sozzled - "Contact form for Joomla" was a legit extension:

https://www.perfect-web.co/component/ar ... ease&id=45

As I looked into this further I searched the Extensions for "perfect" and found the items I needed to delete.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”