Security exception - missing user dtls who failed to login Topic is solved

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
embeathome1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Security exception - missing user dtls who failed to login

Post by embeathome1 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:10 pm

Hello,

in older versions of Joomla 3 I used to get message as administrator, when some user failed to login. I still got these mails, but now, these mails don't show which user failed to login. For sure you nkow these messages, any idea how to get info which user failed to login back to these e-mails? I am just newbie to joomla backend so not much experience with it...
Hello,
We would like to notify you that a security exception was detected on your site, xxxxxxxxxxx, with the following details:
IP Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xx (IP Lookup: IP Lookup)
Reason: Login failure
If you are the administrator of this site and have blocked your own IP address on accident please visit https://xxxxxxxxx/administrator/index.p ... xxxxxx.com where xxxxxx@xxxxxx.com is the email address of your (Super User) account. This URL will only send you an email if the IP address from which you are accessing it is being blocked by Admin Tools. If you are not blocked no email will be sent.....etc etc..
Last edited by toivo on Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved, not related to 3.x Security

abernyte
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Security exception - missing user dtls who failed to login

Post by abernyte » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:07 pm

That message appears to generated by the third party extension Akeeba Admin Tools. It's not a Joomla issue. Do you have Admin Tools installed?
What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly…Thomas Paine

embeathome1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by embeathome1 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi abernyte, oh yes, you are right! I made the website like 2 years ago and now only updating but not much digging into code or backend...only articles publishing. So rather I turn to Akeeba support? Or do you know solution?

Thanks!
Martin

abernyte
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by abernyte » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:11 pm

You can check the status of the Admin Tools setup on your site and make sure it is up to date, but if there is an issue then raising it at Akeeba support is your best bet.
What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly…Thomas Paine

Ch3vr0n
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Ch3vr0n » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:39 pm

If i were to guess, it's because of https. Mine hasn't done that in a while either. With https login credentials are encrypted (thats the whole point of https), so AT can't log the username/password combo anymore. Feel free to contact akeeba and report back if my guess is/was incorrect. I'd love to get see the ticket ID so i can follow the conversation, it's been a minor nuisance for me.

Oh and slightly off topic, can anyone tell me where i turn off this damn default auto-subscribe setting to any topic i respond to. Thats a major nuisance, and i can't seem to find the setting.

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:08 pm

Ch3vr0n wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:39 pm
Oh and slightly off topic, can anyone tell me where i turn off this damn default auto-subscribe setting to any topic i respond to. Thats a major nuisance, and i can't seem to find the setting.
*** Off-topic ***

Go to the User Control Panel » Board Preferences » Edit Posting Defaults » Notify me upon replies by default = No

Of course, if you have unsubscribed from this topic, you may not know that someone has responded to your question until the next time you login and search for the topics that you've contributed to.

*** End off-topic ***
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by AMurray » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:43 pm

Also note Akeeba support is only available with Pro versions of their extensions. They don't have a public forum, only ticket-support for subscribers.

No doubt though, you'd find the answer concerning this failed login email, in their very comprehensive documentation for Admin Tools.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

embeathome1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by embeathome1 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:50 pm

I have finally solved it. I have never changed these settings before so strange that it has been changed. Maybe by some update or so.....doesn't matter.

Settings is here: Configure WAF --> Hardening Options --> Log usernames (set to Yes).

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”