Can't install component after backup Topic is solved

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
meridol
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Can't install component after backup

Post by meridol » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:12 am

Hello everyone,

as the title says, i can't install a component after i did a backup with akeeba. I think the probleme here is, that the component, which now makes problems, wasn't installed on the backup file from which i recovered. When i then tried to reinstall the component it gave me some error like this:

Code: Select all

JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL DB function failed with error number 1060
Duplicate column name 'parent' SQL=ALTER TABLE `...
When i searched the forums, for a solution, the most recommended answers were to search the SQL database and delete all tables which belong to the component and try to reinstall it.

BUT, that didn't work out and now, when trieing to install the component i get:

Code: Select all

JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL Table 'xxxdb1.#__phocamaps_map' doesn't exist
Extension Update: SQL error processing query: DB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'xxdb1.#__phocamaps_map' doesn't exist
I now found a thread, which suggests deleting the component entrys in jos_extensions. But before i proceed with randomly deleting tables or entrys (yes, i made a backup before) i wanted to ask you guys about any suggestion on how to handle this problem.

greetings, meridol

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Can't install component after backup

Post by AMurray » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:35 am

.....can't install a component after i did a backup with akeeba. I think the problem here is that the component.....wasn't installed on the backup file from which i recovered.
That shouldn't affect the ability to install extensions.

Did you restore the site "over the top" of the existing site? To restore with Akeeba Kickstart, you need to have an empty folder, and only upload the JPA file and kickstart.php. It would also be advisable to use a clean database, or at very least a different table prefix which you can specify in the restoration script (Kickstart).

But....are you saying it won't install after the backup, or after the site restoration with Akeeba (Kickstart)?

I can't see the connection between simply having done a backup, and inability to install extensions. Akeeba Kickstart should restore an exact replica, working copy of your site that you had backed up. If the component wasn't installed at the time of your backup, then there shouldn't be any issue installing it to the restored site.

Note: Your database wouldn't (and shouldn't) have a prefix of "jos_" so whatever you have referenced (in terms of the instructions you mentioned) is old information.

Yes, you need to look for the relevant SQL tables for phocamaps, but they will have the table prefix used when you installed Joomla 3.x not specifically "jos_". The table prefix "jos_" hasn't been used since Joomla 2.5

I would suggest contacting Phoca for help with this issue. https://www.phoca.cz/forum/viewforum.php?f=38 (although I still don't know if it's a Joomla issue or simply with the extension in question)
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

meridol
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by meridol » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:56 pm

Thanks AMurray for your reply.

Sry if i wasn't specific enough, i couldn't install the extension after i did a restoration. Also i have to admit that i thought Akeeba already keeps track of a clean restoration (i just followed the instruction from akeeba for the restoration).

Regarding the "jos_" prefix, every table in the SQL database has this prefix and i have too less knowledge about why this might be a problem nor do i know what i can do about it. My current joomla version is "Joomla! 3.9.8". Also when i deleted the tables i was searching for phocamaps without the prefix, i dont even remember if the tables even had the prefix, i just assumed it because every other table has it.

I will follow your advice and ask in the phocamaps forum.

regards, meridol

meridol
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by meridol » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:54 pm

I got a super fast reply from the phoca forum, who linked me the following instructions:

https://www.phoca.cz/documents/16-jooml ... m-manually

Which worked out perfectly!
Again, thanks for your advice.

regards,
meridol

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”