Can we create multisite like Magento Topic is solved

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
amitasaini
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Can we create multisite like Magento

Post by amitasaini » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:19 am

Hi, I am new to joomla and wanted to build my own multisite like magento. I was initially tried with magento 2.2 and found that it has lots of missing functions, so decided to build my own which can share its shopping cart among many sites built on multi site environment.
Can anyone suggest me some tutorial on this?

I will appreciate your guys, kindly suggest me some guide for joomla to make me understand its multi site environment.

Regards
Amita

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Can we create multisite like Magento

Post by AMurray » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:50 pm

I will appreciate your guys, kindly suggest me some guide for joomla to make me understand its multi site environment
Joomla is not a multi-site environment.....

You will need an extension: https://extensions.joomla.org/category/ ... ple-sites/
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

amitasaini
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by amitasaini » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:19 am

AMurray wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:50 pm
I will appreciate your guys, kindly suggest me some guide for joomla to make me understand its multi site environment
Joomla is not a multi-site environment.....

You will need an extension: https://extensions.joomla.org/category/ ... ple-sites/
If extension the only solution then we can also get similar extensions in wordpress application too.
I was trying to create a multisite and found plugins like joomla or wordpress, hope it will help me in my multilocation blog site [ redacted ], i m trying to create blog with city specific content so needed solution where i can put local city related courses in my website. I will try once in joomla as well.

Thanks for your help Brother, I will keep asking more joomla queries here. Regards
Last edited by toivo on Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: removed URL - please observe the warning about including links to non-Joomla websites!

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:22 am

Do you need anything more than creating categories for each city?

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AMurray » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:42 am

I would agree with @per, that you can create specific content if you just divide it up using the existing categories function.

You'd only need one shopping cart, for the entire, one site. You could separate the products by product category (in whatever way you specify them).
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”