Event component for live streaming events.

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
samala
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Event component for live streaming events.

Post by samala » Sat May 23, 2020 11:33 am

Hi.
In the covids times I need to move live events from the theater to the web with live streaming..

but no joomla event component exist for this purpose, any event component is designed to sell digital ticket for real event with the receipt of the bought.

I have tried the 3 most used components for ticket selling but no one have the real management of the post selling, where the user when login can see the bought events and the relative available content, in this case a page with the video player of the specific live event.

"Why you don't try with subscription model component?" Yes I have tried but .. the same it's not optimized for multiple events and show content as if is a digital content to be downloaded, not the right way to show the upcoming live streaming events like a calendar with the option to add content for the event buyed.

Anyone know a component dedicated for online live events?

Thank you.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Event component for live streaming events.

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sat May 23, 2020 1:08 pm

You cannot stream with a web server. Do you have a streaming server?

You can use this Plugin to show the Video. https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... allvideos/

samala
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Event component for live streaming events.

Post by samala » Sat May 23, 2020 1:10 pm

Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:08 pm
You cannot stream with a web server. Do you have a streaming server?

You can use this Plugin to show the Video. https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... allvideos/
Thank you Berg, the problem is that not exist a joomla component designed to sell tickets for live events.
The video player it's not a problem, i use professional html5 player with some php code for servers load balancers, with encrypted stream and download protections ;)

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”