Protostar mobile problems Topic is solved

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Albaruthenica
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Protostar mobile problems

Post by Albaruthenica » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:57 am

Hi!

Several monthes ago we faced problem with site mobile version (www.fnm.msu.ru). Desktop version looks fine. When we open file with mobile device something is going wrong.

1. The key visual problem is that menu looks like a list (just html).
At the same time desktop version (even while scaling - "Сtrl" + "+") works normal.
Some browser applications allows to switch on/off desktop view. If in mobile Chrome i go to desktop view and than back, it'll work! If i restart mobile it continue works normally. But if i delete site cache it starts to work with the problems.
2. Also the problem was with photos uploaded from the gallery (they werenot shown, just points from the list).
3. Some videos (the first one - http://www.fnm.msu.ru/admission) doesnot work normally (virus?).

Thanks

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Protostar mobile problems

Post by Webdongle » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:12 am

When I scale down on a browser it's only when using the russian language does the burger menu fail to show
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results": Albert Einstein.

Albaruthenica
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Albaruthenica » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:34 am

Webdongle wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:12 am
When I scale down on a browser it's only when using the russian language does the burger menu fail to show
Thanks for reply
Yes, i have to use separate menu module for chinese and english versions. It looks okey for russian mobile version but it's not very useful for desktop one. So one of the problems is that i've tried several menu modules, but there is no one really okey for both desktop and mobile views. So the initial menu module suits best but when we work with correct mobile view.

Albaruthenica
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Albaruthenica » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:46 am

Webdongle wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:12 am
So i have just changed russian menu style. It looks more useful in mobile (it's a bit strange that it influences some other modules in other positions. But in desktop version it is difficult to choose submenu items from the menu first line.

Albaruthenica
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Albaruthenica » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:01 am

Albaruthenica wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:57 am
Hi!

Several monthes ago we faced problem with site mobile version (www.fnm.msu.ru). Desktop version looks fine. When we open file with mobile device something is going wrong.

1. The key visual problem is that menu looks like a list (just html).
At the same time desktop version (even while scaling - "Сtrl" + "+") works normal.
Some browser applications allows to switch on/off desktop view. If in mobile Chrome i go to desktop view and than back, it'll work! If i restart mobile it continue works normally. But if i delete site cache it starts to work with the problems.
2. Also the problem was with photos uploaded from the gallery (they werenot shown, just points from the list).
3. Some videos (the first one - http://www.fnm.msu.ru/admission) doesnot work normally (virus?).

Thanks

1) Default mobile view and Default mobile view -> 2) Desktop view -> Mobile view (rather normal)

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:18 am

About the videos at http://www.fnm.msu.ru/admission: The first video is continuously loading the player in desktop Chrome but the image is displayed. The second video complains that "The latest version of Flash Player is required to view videos." The other videos display "you tube.com unexpectedly closed the connection."

The page has four javascript errors. The first three may occur because of my location behind a firewall and VPN, but the last one seems to originate from the video player:
moscow-state-university.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”