3.9.19 to 3.9.20: AJAX Loading Error: Invalid login Topic is solved

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 3.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
sogryzkov
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

3.9.19 to 3.9.20: AJAX Loading Error: Invalid login

Post by sogryzkov » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:55 pm

Hi everybody,

I have many websites powered by Joomla! (one of my favorite CMSes!). With most of them there are no problems with aumomated updates from the current CMS' version to the next one using the common administrative interface (Components > Joomla! Update > Install the Update).

But I have 3 websites which cannot be updated a normal way and give me the error message “AJAX Loading Error: Invalid login” (in Chrome's console it is written as POST /administrator/components/com_joomlaupdate/restore.php 502).

I have already tried everything I found on the Internet regarging this problem – nothing helped. Any fresh ideas?..

I am ready to follow all possible advices, even if they are repetitive as compared to those I have already tried. Thanks in advance!

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: 3.9.19 to 3.9.20: AJAX Loading Error: Invalid login

Post by AMurray » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:04 pm

Can you try the "Upload and Update" method? Download the update package, and install it through the Upload & Update tab under Joomla Update? https://downloads.joomla.org/cms/joomla3/3-9-20

Also check in Global Configuration - make sure the FTP options are turned off/disabled (that may be the cause of the 'invalid login' error).

I don't know the "everything you have tried" so apologies if the above is just repeating what you have already done.
Regards - A Murray

sogryzkov
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re[2]: 3.9.19 to 3.9.20: AJAX Loading Error: Invalid login

Post by sogryzkov » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:13 am

AMurray wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:04 pm
Can you try the "Upload and Update" method?
Yes, and effect was the same: “Invalid login” (login to where?).
AMurray wrote:
…Check in Global Configuration – make sure the FTP options are turned off/disabled (that may be the cause of the 'invalid login' error).
Yes, FTP was off (as on any of my websites).
AMurray wrote:
I don't know the "everything you have tried" so apologies if the above is just repeating what you have already done.
As I said above, I'm ready to try everything offered here once again. So thanks anyway.

P. S. Sorry for the late reply – I didn't know email notifications about answers here didn't work. :-(

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Re[2]: 3.9.19 to 3.9.20: AJAX Loading Error: Invalid login

Post by toivo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:58 am

sogryzkov wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:13 am
P. S. Sorry for the late reply – I didn't know email notifications about answers here didn't work. :-(
The email notifications work, as long as your mail server accepts them. You may have to allow the email address noreply@joomla.org to receive the notifications.

Check also the User Control Panel, go to 'Edit posting defaults' and select the radio button 'Yes' in 'Notify me upon replies by default'.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

sogryzkov
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re[4]: 3.9.19 to 3.9.20: AJAX Loading Error: Invalid login

Post by sogryzkov » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:22 am

toivo wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:58 am
The email notifications work, as long as your mail server accepts them. You may have to allow the email address noreply@joomla.org to receive the notifications.
My e-mail address is a regular @gmail.com one so I can't control Google's mail servers. :-) There were no noficications false detected as spam.
toivo wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:58 am
Check also the User Control Panel, go to 'Edit posting defaults' and select the radio button 'Yes' in 'Notify me upon replies by default'.
Oh, thank you – this checkbox was unchecked, so now I've checked it.

However, a little bit earlier I'd made notifications working by explicitly subscribing to this topic I'd created.

sogryzkov
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re[5]: 3.9.19 to 3.9.20: AJAX Loading Error: Invalid login

Post by sogryzkov » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:11 am

sogryzkov wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:55 pm
…I have 3 websites which cannot be updated a normal way and give me the error message “AJAX Loading Error: Invalid login” (in Chrome's console it is written as POST /administrator/components/com_joomlaupdate/restore.php 502).
At long last my hosting provider had helped me – somehow had fixed this on the 3 websites and described the solution in the following way:
The description of the error won't give you anything – it is a programming error of the PHP [7.4.4] language, not your site. It will be fixed in the next releases of the PHP, now we have made so that it does not prevent Joomla updates.

The error is related to workflow segmentation, as a temporary solution the opcache work mode is changed, by adding shared memory.
I am not sure this may help Joomla administrators and/or hosting providers but decided to share the solution just in case.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x”